Chapter 8

It had been 10 hours and Luisa was still sitting at Rose's side. Nothing had changed and the brunette was worrying. All she wanted was for Rose to wake up, so she could tell her that she made her decision. She wasn't going to let her go again. She was sure, more sure than she'd ever been.

She'd been talking to the still silent redhead a lot now and normally she would feel like she was crazy for doing that but now it seemed like the most normal thing to do. She hadn't let go of her hand once, even when she slept she couldn't. It was the only thing she could hold onto.

She could hear the door behind her open and when she looked up her father stepped inside. "They told me that I could see her." He said and took the chair on the other side of the bed while he looked at her. "How is she?" He asked.

Luisa sighed. "I don't know, she hasn't opened her eyes... she's so quiet." She closed her eyes for a second, bringing her hand to her forehead. She had been in here for too long, but she didn't want to go away.

Her father spoke, looking at the redhead, talking to her. "Well, you've been in here enough now, hmm? Don't you think it's time to stop coming here all the time?" He said and Luisa looked at him in confusion, not knowing what he was talking about.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

Emilio looked up, remembering the thing Luisa didn't know yet. "We lost the baby..." He said, still sounding sad.

Luisa's eyes softened. She had completely forgotten about that with everything that had happened with Rose, only worrying about her well-being. "Oh, I'm so sorry."

"It's nothing," he smiled softly at her. "It's probably better this way, since, well you know..." and she knew. Everything that had been going around hadn't been fair, to any of them, but most of all not to her father. He'd been nothing but good to both of them.

"About that situation..." Luisa began. They hadn't talked about anything yet and it wasn't exactly an easy thing. She had never expected her father to be so calm about it but that didn't mean that she shouldn't apologize for it all. "I'm sorry, for everything. I know it wasn't right what we did, it's just... I." She couldn't finish her sentence.

"You love her." He completed it for her. "I know and I also realized that what we two had," he looked at Rose. "Wasn't the real thing, so I told her everything I knew about it and I should've done it way earlier but I wanted to be sure and when she lost the baby I knew." He explained. "She was relieved."

Luisa inhaled deeply. "I do... I do love her, but she also hurt me a lot."

"Isn't that normal? With everything that had been going on in her life? She was worried about your life Lu, she didn't want to hurt you but she had to do it, to keep you safe." He had learned a lot from the few conversations with his soon-to-be-ex-wife. She hadn't told him these things, but he could read her like an open book.

And suddenly, all of Luisa's doubts had gone away. She realized that her father was right, all the thing Rose had said to her made sense now. "You're right." She spoke out softly.

"I'm always right." He said and smiled at her. She remembered him saying that all the time when she was young. He was still her father and that thought made her happy. Lately, she'd been seeing him a lot as Rose's husband who held her in some kind of prison, but she couldn't have been more wrong. "I'm going to get you some tea. You could use that." He stood up and walked towards the door but before he could leave Luisa spoke up.

"Thanks, dad. For all of it."

When the door closed she looked back at Rose, sliding a lock of hair behind her ear when she whispered. "Please wake up Rose. I need you." and suddenly she could feel the grip around her hand tighten for a moment before everything went back to normal.

Luisa's eyes widened, not knowing what just had happened. It had been real, right? She asked herself but she knew it had been because she could still feel the grip that had been there engraved on her hand, so she spoke again. "Rose? Are you there?"  That's when suddenly she could see her eyelids slightly moving.

She let go of her hand and ran over to the door, keeping her gaze at Rose when she called the doctor.

She went back to Rose until she got softly pushed back by someone and 2 people were around the bed, taking her pulse. She stood against the wall, looking at the doctors who were busy checking up on Rose. It didn't take long because before she knew it, they were done and turned around to Luisa, explaining to her what happened.

Apparently she had been present for a minute and it was a good sign. It meant that it wouldn't take long anymore until she would wake up for real, it could in fact all go very quickly now. Luisa couldn't help but smile. She was going to make it. Emilio stood back at her side with two cups of tea, offering one to her while listening to the doctors.

They were both happy to hear that she would be okay when the doctors left the room. 

They sat back at Rose's side when her father spoke up. "I called Petra and Rafael to let them know what happened, they'll be here in 15 minutes."

Luisa didn't know how to feel. They would obviously be surprised if they realized that Luisa had been here the whole night, they didn't know that their relationship was way more meaningful than they thought and she knew she would have to explain that, sooner than she wanted to, but she stopped thinking about that when she suddenly saw movements in Rose's bed and the redhead's shiny blue eyes slowly opened.

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry that this chapter is shorter than expected but I didn't have much time today, I hope to make the next chapter a little longer.

Anyways, I'm not going to write a lot of chapters anymore because I feel like it's almost coming to an end. 

See you next time!

XXX