Chapter 6

Rose was impatiently pacing back and forth, regularly looking at the watch on her wrist. Time went too slow. She had been nervous the entire week and playing conversations in her head, all waiting for the moment that was going to arrive soon.

She had called Luisa, asking her to come back home because they needed to talk. Of course, it hadn't been that easy to convince her. She needed a reason to come back but unfortunately Rose couldn't give her one, she was not going to say everything over the phone and they had a lot to talk about. After a long discussion, she had been able to convince her but they had ended the conversation with an irritated Luisa, which didn't make things easier for Rose right now. They had agreed on the fact that she would come back at the end of the week, and Rose had been waiting for that moment for what felt like decades now.

She was playing several scenarios of what their conversation could go like in her head when she heard a knock on the door. She froze, then turned around to look at the closed door before she slowly walked towards it, trying to calm her breathing. Her heart was speeding up and she could feel her pulse throughout her entire body. She took the handle and opened the door, revealing the smaller brunette who was wearing a pink dress with a black belt.

"Luisa... you're here," Rose said softly, stepping back to let her in.

She walked past the redhead, making her way to the other side of the room. "What did you want to talk about?" She asked, still sounding irritated.

"We should sit," Rose suggested, pointing to the leather couch against the white-painted wall.

"No, I'm good," Luisa spoke out.

"Please?" She pleaded. She wanted to be able to tell everything the best and most comfortable way possible because it was going to be a lot and she wasn't sure how Luisa was going to take it.

She sighed and eventually walked to the couch, sitting on the far end and Rose knew it was best to sit on the other side, giving her some space because it was very obvious that Luisa was still mad at her.

Rose sat down, taking a deep breath before she spoke. "Your father knows." She looked at Luisa as her jaw dropped, followed by a silence and Rose figured she wasn't going to say anything, what was understandable because it had been a huge drop, probably also very unexpected so she continued. "He found out and he's not mad at us, he even wants us to be together so if you still want to... of course, I have a lot to ex..." she was interrupted by Luisa.

"Wait... are you serious right now?" Rose looked confused at the woman opposite her. "Now that he knows you're asking me to be with you? He doesn't want you anymore, am I right?"

"No, Luisa, it's not like that..."

Luisa jumped up from the couch. "Yes, it is like that." She shot back at her. "I'm just a rebound of you. When you're sick of my father you come to me and it always ends the same... with my heart broken."

Rose stood up as well. "Luisa, please let me explain. It is not like that."

The brunette folded her arms across her chest, waiting for Rose to continue.

"First of all, I wanted to say that I'm sorry... for everything I put you through." Luisa puffed, but Rose ignored it. "I had to do it, you know. It hurt me as well because there was nothing I wanted to do more than to run away with you."

"Then why didn't you?" She asked, looking at the ground, not wanting to show the redhead how vulnerable she was at this moment.

"Because I couldn't. We would both be in danger if I did." She tried to explain. She wanted to say everything now, there but she knew that this was already a lot to handle and she didn't know if Luisa would be able to take more. She was scared of how she would react if she told her about her past because she didn't want to lose her.