Chapter 2

Rose stood in front of the door, unknowing what she should do, unknowing of what happened. Luisa didn't answer when she called her name. She could be hurt. The redhead paced back and forth, thinking of what she could do. That's when something came to her mind, she still had a key. Emilio gave it to her when he went to Europe because apparently, he trusted her enough to leave her so she could watch over the hotel. She took the skeleton key out of her purse and opened the door as quickly as she could.

There was glass laying all over the floor, a shaking Luisa next to it, against the couch. She ran towards her, trying to avoid the glass as much as possible and took her into an embrace. Before she knew it she got pushed backward and fell on her hands, hitting something sharp. She held her hand in front of her and saw the red blood streaming over her arm, she fell right into the glass. It was just blood, she thought, she had seen a lot worse. Her attention went back to Luisa.

"Lu, what happened?" She asked and put her clean hand on her shoulder what got pushed away as well.

"Just, leave me alone!" She swang hysterically with her arms and got up, now facing Rose and crossing her arms in front of her chest. "And stop calling me that." She bit out, now looking into the all familiar blue eyes. 

Rose saw something across Luisa's face that she hadn't seen much. Anger. The last time she'd seen it she had hurt Luisa and it had also been the last time they had really talked. They'd seen each other after it on family gatherings but they never said anything because it would hurt too much for Luisa and Rose couldn't risk hurting Luisa even more.

"I just want to help you," Rose said softly. She still had no idea of what happened, but she knew she was worried. "and have a chance to explain everything."

"You could help by leaving." Luisa's gaze fell to Rose's hand and she could see her expression changing a bit to guilt, but that didn't last long when Luisa remembered what Rose had done. "You broke my heart," Luisa said, her voice cracking. "I loved you and you broke my fucking heart. I don't need you to do it twice so please leave." Rose could see the tears forming in her eyes and all she wanted to do was take Luisa in a hug but she knew she couldn't.

She remembered the day Luisa was talking about very clearly.

Luisa lay across her chest, listening to the redhead's slow and steady heartbeat. Rose knew it wasn't right, she'd told Luisa that before she came in but she couldn't resist and even though she liked having moments like this with Luisa, she knew it wasn't going to last. The brunette wasn't exactly the kind of person to do this.

"Why can't you choose?" She suddenly spoke up, not looking at Rose. "I know you don't love him, don't try saying that you do."

"Luisa..." Rose started but she couldn't let her speak.

"No Rose, it's very obvious. You don't look at him the way you look at me, when I'm around you two you can't even keep your attention on him when he's talking, you can't let go of me and that's what makes this all so confusing for me because I can't see why you would stay with him."

Rose sighed, she knew this was going to happen and Luisa was right. She didn't love Emilio, not even a bit. But the feelings she had for Luisa were something totally different, she loved her, more than she had ever thought was possible.

"I'm sorry, I can't leave him." Luisa got up and picked her clothes back up, throwing as much as she could back on.

"It's his money, isn't it?" Rose stayed silent, that was a very clear answer for Luisa. She could never know what she needed it for, she wouldn't be able to forgive her for that and if she didn't have that money she was in danger and she was scared Luisa would be too. Luisa swallowed and tears sprung into her eyes. "So, his money means more to you than I do." She concluded herself and turned around, her back facing Rose.

Rose wanted to say that it wasn't true, that she did it to save both of them but she couldn't, she wouldn't have an explanation for it so instead, she just said. "I'm sorry Lu." 

She turned back around, tears slowly making their way to the ground. "Don't call me that." It always sounded so soft when Rose said her name like that and it wasn't fair to her. She loved Rose, more than anything and the pain in her chest only worsen when she said it like that. "I can't do this anymore. It's over." She walked away, through the door and Rose just watched as she left, wanting nothing more than to stop her, turn her around and kiss her, saying that they would be together, but she knew that wasn't true.

Rose tried to avoid seeing Luisa as much as possible, but there would always be times where they had to act as normal as possible, hurt still in both women's eyes visible.

"I'm sorry Luisa, for everything I did," Rose said sincerely.

"It's too late now. You broke my heart and now you're pregnant. With my sibling!" She said, anger again taking over her voice.

"If you tell me to not have the baby I won't." Luisa looked up, a look of disgust in her eyes.

"That's not my decision. It's my father's, the man you had sex with and is the father of that." She pointed at the still flat belly. "How dare you ask me that?!"

Rose stayed silent. She had no idea what to say, she wanted to help Luisa but had absolutely no idea how to gain trust again so she just asked what the first thing coming to her mind was. "What happened here, Luisa." Pointing at the room, meaning the glass on the floor. Her hand still hurt by falling on it, but that could wait.

"Nothing." She said and suddenly sounded very shy.

"Luisa, please. I'm worried about you and I'm not going to leave before you tell me what happened."

She turned around, not wanting to look at Rose. "I..." That's when she collapsed onto the floor and tears streamed over her face.

Rose ran towards Luisa who was laying on the floor, her knees against her chest and just took her shoulders, turning her around and letting the brunette sob in the crook of her neck, soaking her green dress.

"I don't know what happened Rose, I just," Rose mumbled, but didn't finish her sentence.

Rose had heard enough, she knew what happened, she didn't need any more explanation. Luisa had been so desperate that she needed something to smash with, which had been an empty bottle of water. She knew this because she had been through it so many times when she was young and had been mad at her mother, not wanting to live with her any longer.

She helped Luisa standing up and guided her to her bedroom, making sure she would get some rest. Luisa didn't object and fell asleep the moment she lay down.

Rose stayed a little longer, watching her drift off to sleep, admiring her. Looking at the calm raising and falling of her chest what really calmed her down. Before leaving she made sure all the traces of the glass were gone so when Luisa would wake up, she didn't have to be reminded of what happened, however, she knew that was going to be impossible.

Hi,

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter, it's a little longer than I had expected.

I don't have a lot to say, but stay inside y'all!

XXX