Chaos is What Killed the Dinosaurs Darling

A small satisfied smirk grew on the killer's face as he watched the chaos before him. Students heard the gun go off and watched as the two favoured jocks ran for their lives. He stood up in a calm manner then proceeded out of the cafeteria as to not gain any real notice of teachers and staff alike. He saw the horrified but seemingly amused look on Veronica's face. 'I'm glad you enjoyed the small show 'ronica. I'll see you rather soon,' JD thought and walked out. He headed off campus and towards his motorcycle. A humble perk of his father of course but it was true means of getting around. He avoided teachers and rode off the parking lot. He had an eerie feeling that Veronica would somehow want to follow him but as of the moment he was in the clear.

   JD wandered off towards the seven eleven and spotted a young homeless man from the corner of his eye. The killer tilted his head and didn't really see him as a threat. It was the Heathers and two jocks who were his soon to be victims. Unfortunately that included Veronica. He hated to think of it that way but it was true. He wandered inside and bought two slushies. One for himself and one for the other male. The homeless man smiled appreciatively and took it. JD gave him a curt nod before going back to his bike. He began to plot on how he would kill Heather Chandler. He liked the idea of torturing her like he did his past victims and believed that she very well deserved it. He might have just done that. While he pondered, the homeless man left the area and it started to get dark. JD said nothing about it. He knew his old man would be gone at work still.

     Later that evening, a red Ford came into view. There he spotted a familiar brunette talking to an unfortunately familiar blonde. JD sighed to himself and stepped inside the building himself. He walked to a spot where she wouldn't see him. He was trapped between a rock and a hard place. His victim was there and the other was walking inside. His problem was the witness and the cameras. He'd have to remain docile for the evening. JD watched as Veronica entered the small connivance store. She wandered over to the corn nuts and JD smiled a little. He walked over to her and spoke.
               "Are you going to pull a super chug with that?" The killer asked a smirk playing on his lips as he looked her over.
              "No but if you're nice I'll let you buy me a slushee," Veronica said looking at him, "that thing you pulled in the cafe was pretty severe."
               "The extreme always seems to make an expression," JD retorted.
           Veronica only smiled at him. She gave him a curt nod then walked with him towards the cashiers desk. JD followed suit. He pulled out his wallet then paid for the two drinks. His mind open and unclouded. It was nice to feel like that every now and then. JD glanced at her and tilted his head a little as if he were trying to figure her out. There was something different about her. Most of the girls he's talked too never really stuck around. JD walked towards the front door and smirked a little. His eyes narrowing at the red car parked in the drive way.
                    "Nice Bike," Veronica complimented.
                    "Thanks. Just a humble perk from my fathers job," JD said then looked back at her.
                    "Hang on. Jason Dean. You're fathers Bud Dean right? He owns the reconstruction company? It must be rough moving from place to place," Veronica said looking at him.
                    "Well everyone's life's got static. Is your life perfect?" His brow raised as he looked at her. He seemed to have known her answer just before she said it. She was miserable and she hated where she was at.
                    "Well. No. For one thing. I don't really like my friends," Veronica looked over at Heather who was impatiently waiting in the car.
                     "Yeah. I don't really like your friends either," JD smirked then followed her glare over to the car.
                     "It's like they're people I work with and our job is being popular and shit," Veronica sighed glumly.
                     "Maybe it's time for you to take a vacation," JD chuckled a little then watched her as she smiled at him.
      Moments later, he watched her walk away from him and he headed off on his motorcycle. 'Ah yes Veronica. I will see you again shortly. I like our little talks,' he thought and drove back to the house. The house in which he lived. It wasn't a home. Bud Dean made sure of that. It was a hiding place. Nothing more nothing less. Seeing that his father wasn't home, JD entered the house and walked up to his room. There he sat at his desk then proceeded to plan out his next plan of attack and checked up on the murders him and his father had done. No one seemed to notice them. They were claimed as suicides or accidental deaths. Perfect. He was still in the clear. He just had to keep himself in check. Eyes would be on him after that gunslinging incident. Yes it was fun in the beginning but he knew that being out of character would certainly raise alarm.

    An hour came and left, JD was still at his desk going through old police files to make sure that he was untraced.  Of course he would, it was his father who was the screw up. He was all brawn whereas JD used his head and his own strength. Brawn would only get you so far. He won't get away for his actions to long. JD on the other hand picked his victims carefully and methodically which is why his little outburst could screw him over. It was something he didn't want to happen again. Veronica crosses his mind in that moment. He wondered what would've happened if she found out about his life. His dark and cold life. It was something that he wasn't truthfully proud of. Well. He was a little bit. 'Stop worrying about the girl. She'll have to die to at some point. Don't grow attached to her,' JD scolded himself, but he also knew that it was a feeble attempt to hide the truth on what he seems to have felt for her. JD sighed to himself and turned off the computer. He walked over to his bed and threw himself onto it. More thoughts of Veronica appeared in his head. 'Good bye Veronica,' he thought to himself. He closed his eyes and let out a relaxed breath, 'Tomorrow the fun begins. But why wait till tomorrow? You could see her tonight after she gets home. You don't know where she lives idiot. That's what the phone book is for.' He opened his eyes after awhile and walked out of his house then towards the bike. His mind was in pure utter chaos as he thought about her.
     And chaos is what killed the dinosaurs.
     He would be next if he wasn't careful.

          1212 word count today. I know it feels a little short on the nose but I've been occupied with other things such as school work during these desperate times. I hope y'all like the chapter. If you like it go ahead and vote comment like. I dunno. If you don't like it well I'm sorry. It's not meant to be perfect. I love you all. Next chapter would be up sometime this next week if I'm lucky.