Chapter 5

I look at the run down house I'm parked in front of and then back at the location on my GPS which reads that I've reached my destination. I knock on the door and spiders crawl out the door cracks. My phone beeps and the text message reads :enter.

I struggle to open the door, I practically have to break it down. When I get in I'm attacked by spider web on my face. When I finally get it off I survey the four room house - not to be mistaken with four bedrooms but just a bedroom, kitchen, living room and half a bathroom,bathroom seems like a strong word to describe it. The broken windows are covered in cardboard and ductape, black sheets used as curtains. No ceiling only wooden bars holding the roof together. It's so cold and dark in here and the dusty wet floors do not make it easy to walk in my stilletos. Breathing is not a luxury because of the intoxicating sewage smell. Buckets sit at the corner of the living room filled with what might be rain water coming in through the roof.
In the living room is a wooden table with writing on  and two camping chairs which looks like it was stolen from a school of delinquents. One of which he is sitting on busy on his laptop.
He's wearing the same tired black tracksuit and sunglasses I guess to try and forget that he's partially blind. His face looks like the desk. I could never understand why someone would get face tattoos.

"Is this the best you could do? "
He's silent. That damn silence I've gotten used to.

"How's a woman supposed to work here?"

"Shut it, Sivvey" he says in his low scratchy voice that sounds like he has mucus in his throat.

"Did you get anything on our guy?" he says it as if we both recruited him.

"Well no, he is dead and so is his little friend, they got shot by cops."

"And the inside guy, surely he's still alive?"

"Of course I mean he is a cop I don't think they've caught anything on him but he hasn't been in contact since the shooting but I'll call him again and -"

"No this is a waste of time something we don't have, he is clearly unreliable" he says in a voice with no emotion whatsoever. I don't know whether to complain because its not like he's been a help at all or just continue with my briefing. I decide on the latter.

"Well the last person who was with him alive as far as I'm concerned was the cop who shot him"
I take out my phone, "with the information from our inside guy I hacked in the police database and I found  some Intel on the cop. She's young, funny enough it was her first day, she transfered from Joburg, she's coloured, name's Jamie Xané"

"Who?"

"Jamie Xané as in officer Xané"
He's silent again, his face holds no expression but I feel that this silence is not one where he is just ignoring me.

"Well then Sivvey I think u should pay our officer a visit."

"I was hoping you would say that."

A/N:do I get a vote?
Yes I do 😁please do comment tell me what you think of this chapter.