Chapter 1

"Dispatch, bank robbery on South Road, do you copy?"

"Copy that" my partner says.
He picks up the speed and before I know it the highway is filled with police cars and my thoughts are drowned out by sirens. I fear for what I'm getting into but I reassure myself that I'm trained and I'm ready, even if it is only my first day. I have very little knowledge on how this works in real life.

My partner is speeding and I can tell this is another day on the job for him. We arrive at the scene and park in front of one the biggest branches of the Cape Bank. There are a lot of officers here and the Captain is giving orders while everyone listens attentively, especially me because I cannot afford to get it wrong the first time.

"Right there's only one entrance we can go through, six of you are going to go in there with full force. Remember these men are armed and dangerous. There are people held hostage so whatever you do make sure you keep them out of harms way."
His voice is drowned out as I look around and notice SWAT bomb squads and ambulances on stand by. I feel the nauseating nervousness but try and remind myself that I'm trained for this.

My thoughts are interrupted by my partner telling me we have to go in. We approach the entrance as a unit, all six of us. I take a good look and think we must be cut out from a movie scene. Officer Smith kicks the door open and encounters the first robber who is already ready to shoot. He shoots him 3 times and the masked robber falls to the ground. He enters and is followed by everyone one after the other. I'm too nervous to look at the man on the ground in a blood pool. People in the bank are ducking for cover under the table, behind the counter, heck some of them are just laying on the floor. They are panicking and crying. Silently.

"Police!" Smith yells out. One after other the rest follow yelling police. One of the women behind the counter tell him the second robber is downstairs at the safe with the manager. Sanchez, Smith and Ebony move downstairs while Briccs, Demi and I stay upstairs and escort everyone outside.

'Okay' I think to myself, I might be getting a hang of this. Six gunshots are fired downstairs and panic arises, so much for keeping them out of harms way.

AUTHORS NOTE : Please vote and comment. How's it going so far. How do you think our fellow officer is doing so far? 🙃