Chapter 6

Rylan:

"Yes yes I know" I grumble to my dad as I walk in the door. I haven't even been home two minutes and he is already hounding me on all the things I need to do.

"I'm away for business tomorrow so don't do anything stupid. I'll be back in two weeks." He tells me without really looking at me.

I nod. Nothing new. It's easier when he isn't home. Which is most of the time. It means we don't have to awkwardly pretend when we are around each other. We can just live separate lives and forget about everything that has happened.

I trudge upstairs to my room as my phone rings Jake. I quickly close my door and answer.

"Yo what's up?"

"You home?" He says Ignoring my question.

"I am. Dads leaving in the morning"

"Cool so this weekend I was thinking if we get everyone over maybe let some people stay so that we can actually have some fun for once" he announces.

I could hear him spinning in his chair in the background and laugh to myself imagining a scrawny 17 year old sitting on a chair spinning like a kid.

"Yeah sounds good he's gone all week so house is all ours"

We normally organised parties on the weekends that my dad is away. Although we constantly struggle getting people to stay. Although the boys on the football team were considered rebellious and didn't care about the rules. They always manage to find excuses along with the rest of the school to get home before curfew.

Parties are not supposed to end at 12, that's when they're supposed to start. At least that's what me and Jake think. Our parties normally end with the cops or with peoples parents turning up to take them home before the curfew 'killed us all'.

"Cooooool" he says from across the line, obviously full of energy.

"I was thinking about inviting Jessie Foster." I blurt out without really thinking.

"The hot nerdy chick?" He questions.

I laugh at his description, it's pretty accurate.

"Yeah well you know we were friends before me and you met and I talked to her recently," I tell him the story about picking her up and talking after school.

"Damn dude. Sounds like she might actually believe us if we explained things. Her dads a big shot lawyer like yours isn't he? Maybe she can convince him aswell and we can take this to the mayor and finally break this stupid lockdown. Maybe people will actually believe us this time." Jake says on a tangent.

He tends to get carried away when we talk about it. It's always been his dream to convince everyone that it's fake. It's been mine too but part of me is happy living on my own in the shadows.

"Don't get your hopes up." I tell him bluntly over the phone. " but I have a good feeling I want to convince her, I don't really know why but I do." I tell him honestly.

"Okay dude well however you wanna do this I got you."

I smile to myself. " thanks man, and I do have a plan. A good one."