DISTRESS

Scarlett

Oly has been acting ghastly since our arrival here, and all in a sudden she started yelling random words. Sitting beside her, I'm so concerned; I have never seen my Oly so disheartened and confound. She would rarely lose her temper. Today she seemed way out of control.

She hasn't gotten up after the blackout and now I'm worried. Percy said we will not head with our quest if Oly doesn't wake up by morning. Annabeth asked me to stay strong, but with all these going on where will I find my strength.

Tears welling up, why did our life change, where is Oly's mom, why are we summoned here. Weren't our life's perfect before all the messes started out? If only the freak storm hadn't occurred, all of us would have peacefully enjoyed our trip. My Oly wouldn't have screamed around like she had consumed a fruitcake nor would she be so still and brute.

It's your entire fault. I don't even know who am I to blame, why us? Why? Tears streaming down, I hold up Oly in my arms and begin to cry.

A shimmer arrives. I place Oly back and gaze up, a bright golden light blinds my eyes, storm grey eyes just like Annabeth and an olive and cream complexion, hair let loose, wavy and brown, a creamy full-length chiton, that flowed along with her as she edged closer.

"Athena...I'm sorry Mom?" I bend to my knees.

"Raise my child." Her voice is filled with pride and command.

"I'm here to convey this. Ask your friend to follow her heart, and tell her precisely that her mom is safe."

"Mom, is this true ?"I question the Goddess itself, how mentally sick I must me.

"Scarlett?"

"Ok mom.."

"Do not trust anyone as you move along with your quest absolutely no one and keep track of time, as the clock strikes midnight, your time will come to an end."

"What do you mean by that mom?" I don't get it, like is it today, tomorrow or when exactly?

"I will leave my child. May victory be in your path. Act wisely."

And she vanishes. What did that even mean? Did that help me in any way? Absolutely no. It was a waste of time. Well, Oly's mom is fine. Thank the gods, I'm sure Oly will be pleased to hear this news.

"Hey..." a sudden voice behind me, I tighten my fists to punch that person right on the face, and when I turn...

"What the hell .. oh sorry Percy. You..."

"I'm sorry. Just came to check up on Oly. Did she wake up? "

"No, look she's still sleeping. I don't know what happened." I get back to my moody self.

"I guess she had a visual or something," he says it like he knows a lot about it. As if he had experienced this before.

"What's that Percy?"

"Sometimes we have the abilities to dream of places or events that are taking place. It helps us with the quest. Mostly all are fearsome."

"Ohh... I see" what would have Oly seen that petrified her.

"But this is the first time someone has experienced it with her eyes wide awake. She wasn't even sleeping. This is something serious. Thought I would talk to her, find out what went....."

"Percy, I have something to ask." I stop him mid-sentence.

"Go ahead".

"Are there chances of dying during the quest?" It's a thought I had since the talk about a quest started.

"Why do you wanna talk about that." Percy didn't seem comfortable about this topic I assume.

"I want to know."

"Yes, Scar if something happens, that cannot be cured by ambrosia and nectar, which is like medicine to demigods, then you die."

"Will you do me another promise as well Percy." I trust this guy, for a reason, I still don't know.

"Nothing will happen to you scar. I won't let that happen."

"That's sweet of you. But that's not what I meant. Promise me you won't let anything at all happen to Oly. I want her to be safe. "

" Both of you will be safe, nothing will go wrong".

"You don't know about her she's a fearful and confused person but the kindest among us all and she's one of a kind, once you get to know her, you can never imagine a life without her." I almost lose it all and begin to sob.

"I know that scar" he gently pats my shoulders, everything will be fine is what he keeps telling, yet I know he's the only one who can save Oly against all odds.

"I cannot bear to see her hurt when I saw her bleeding today.. that too when she was completely unharmed and standing tall, the blood dripping down it's an image that is still plastered in my mind, Percy..."

"Guys>>>> what's going on"... Oly wakes up.