The Moment We've Been Waiting For

*Maddie's POV*

I heard whispering as I began to wake up. There was deep breathing and snoring. I looked next to me to see Niall asleep on the chair. His hair is messy and he is still wearing the same clothes he wore when we got here.

"He hasn't left your side." I hear the nurse say. I smile. "You've got a good guy on your hands. He's gonna be a great father." She says. "Yeah. Yeah he is." I say, nodding my head in agreement and then slowly falling back to sleep.

I wake up again within a few minutes as I start to feel pain. I turn to Niall, who is still asleep and take a deep breath. "Niall" I say, trying to stay calm.

But he didn't answer.

"Niall" I repeat but again, no answer. "Niall!" I yell and he moves slightly. The pain continues to get worse to a point where it was unbearable, so I pressed the big red button on the remote next to my hospital bed. Then, I picked up my pillow and threw it at Niall. His eyes shoot open and he jumps out of his seat.

"What? What's wrong? What happened?" His eyes fell on me and I didn't have to say a word because he knew exactly what was wrong. "Doctor!!!" He yelled, running out of the room.

I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. I hear mumbling and footsteps around me but I just focus on breathing. "Okay Maddie. It's time." I hear a man say and I open my eyes.

"Are you ready?" He asks as he puts his gloves on. Niall grabbed my hand and kissed the top of my head. I nod and look over at Niall who was right beside me. He smiles. "We're finally going to meet our baby girl."

*Niall's POV*

Maddie giving birth is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to watch. I know I shouldn't be the one to complain but I hate seeing her struggle in pain. She squeezes my hand, crying and I can't do  anything to help her. The birth feels longer than the labor.

She looks up at me and shakes her head. "I can't do this Niall. I can't" She cries. "You can do it babe. Do it for our daughter." I encourage her.

She nods and continues to push. Tears gather in my eyes as I watch the doctor as he lifts my baby girl up in the air. She begins to cry and I look down at Maddie. Sweat was dripping from her head but a smile was on her face. "You did amazing babe." I whisper and kiss her. "Congratulations on your baby girl" The doctor says.

An overwhelming feeling comes over me as I watch my baby girl being cleaned off and measured. Her cry continues as she is wrapped in a blanket and carried over to Maddie and I. My eyes are locked on her as she is placed in Maddie's arms. I can't help but let the tears fall down my cheeks.

This is the moment we've been waiting for.

"She's beautiful." I whisper and Maddie smiles. "Wanna hold her?" Maddie asks and I laugh. "Of course I wanna hold my daughter!" I joke and take her into my arms.

I stand up straight and look down at my innocent baby girl as I hold her for the very first time. Her blue eyes sparkle as she opens them for the first time. My heart melted with love as I began to cry. "Awee Niall" Maddie says and I laugh. "I didn't realized how amazing this would be." I admit.

"What's her name?" The nurse asked and I look at Maddie.

"Olivia Rose Horan." She says and I look down at my daughter once again. "Olivia. That's perfect" I say and kiss her head. "Hi Liv. Hi baby girl. I'm your daddy." I whisper with a certain feeling rushing through my body.

A great feeling.

A feeling of how my life will never be the same.

And I couldn't be any happier.