chap 2

" What is this disgusting stench? "

Yuna frowned in distaste as they stepped inside the dungeon. It seemed that she had a rather sensitive nose as she quickly covered her nose and mouth. Kael noticing her distress gave her a handkerchief in which she quickly used to cover her mouth and nose.

" Please hold on for just a bit my lady. I'll close this dungeon fast. "

" You don't have to hold my waist Kael. "

Yuna voiced her distaste but the amusement she could feel in their bond was evident. He was amused. She frowned but still groaned at the absolute foul air the dungeon was giving off.

" Quickly send me the boss' head. I don't think I'll be able to stand this smell for long. "

" If that is my lady's wish then I shall gladly do so. Well then, pardon me my lady. "

The butler smoothly carried Yuna with one arm as his other free hand held a dark red almost black sword. Yuna only held on to his shoulders as Kael swiftly eradicated the enemies blocking their path.

" They appear to be goblins my lady. "

" No wonder they smell so bad. "

Resting her chin on his shoulder all Yuna could feel were the lives slowly disappearing inside the dungeon.

" You could've slaughtered them far less quicker if you left me at the entrance. "

She only got a chuckle of bemusement as Kael give the sword a quick flick to get rid of the goblin blood before unsummoning the sword to hold her with both arms.

" I rather like having my lady near me at all times. "

" Sweet talk won't get you anywhere. "

" Regardless, it doesn't hurt to try my lady. "

If Yuna could see then she could have noticed the brief softening of his smile and the gentle eyes he gave her as his grip tightened for a brief moment.

" Boss room? "

" Yes my lady. "

Summoning his sword again Kael assessed the boss. It was a fairly weak dungeon since this was of course the first dungeon here in Korea but still. He wanted to kill the boss in a way that it wouldn't sully their clothes.

" My lady, I will place you here for now. Do not move. "

Yuna only nodded as she felt Kael gave her one last look before he rushed towards the boss monster. The energy level of the boss was far too weak to be compared to a normal E rank dungeon but well...this was the first dungeon here after all.

Yuna heard a thump as something heavy landed in front of her. Using her heightened senses she could feel Kael's energy as he kneeled infront of her.

" My lady, the boss has been slain. "

" Good. Let's go now shall we? "

All she got as an answer was Kael hoisting her up again as they ran out of the closing dungeon. Leaving the foul smelling dungeon behind, Kael quickly ran but also made sure that she was fairly comfortable as well.

------

" How many months or years can they make the association? "

" From what I have heard, it won't take too long my lady. "

Now home and just fresh out of her bath. Yuna let Kael dry her hair as she sipped her hot milk.

" Hmmm...I sense another dungeon opening up soon. "

Yuna pursed her lips as her now uncovered eyes narrow in distaste.

" Monsters smell so foul. "

" I will quickly get rid of it for my lady next time. "

Brushing her hair Kael made sure to remove any kinks and smiled in satisfaction after finishing the task. Once again hoisting her up to take her to her bed.

" You're far too enjoying carrying me. "

" But of course my lady. "

Yuna chuckled as Kael gave a brief shrug. Tucking her in Kael gave her head a brief pat as he proceeded to turn the lights off.

" Well then my lady, good night. "

With that Kael slowly became one with her shadow as Yuna slowly succumb to sleep.

----

I would like to dedicate this chapter to the first voter of this story, calliopeskies. I still have a lot to improve but your vote really means a lot for me. I hope you enjoy 🤗.