Level 39

Even if it's not directly connected to this storyline, while writing this chapter, only one song kept replaying in my mind. Maybe listening to it while reading this could bring you the same experience.

BRDGS-Dancing without music

*30 St Mary Axe, London EC3A 8EP* I don't even know if he is serious about this. I look up, trying to soak up the architectural art behind this building. I don't even know where to go, how to get there, why did he leave so little details?  I get the lobby and let me tell you, this is some elaborate ass accommodation.

'Good evening sir, my name is Eleanor, do you maybe have something for me?' He looks up, eying me up and down before looking back to his desk. Okay, rude! He starts writing something into his computer, still without a word before he looks back up. His blue eyes seem different. They aren't as blue as Nialls. His dark brown hair suits him well enough but still, his attitude suits him the best. Just from his posture, such an approach is unavoidable.

'Level 39.' He says and looks away as soon as he finished his sentence. What is up with him?

I give him my strange look before turning the hell away from him, walking pats the reception and getting into the elevator. Fucking hell level 39, what did he do? I press the number and wait for the doors to close. What if this is a trap? What if he didn't even write that? God, why do I put myself into these situations? My hands begin to sweat and my chest feels weird, it feels tingly making me breathe a lot quicker. What the hell am I going to say?

The elevator stops and without realizing, I already made it. As the doors open, thousands of lights twinkle into the night, leaving me speechless. The view is never-ending considering the architecture behind this room as the glass windows go all the way up to the ceiling, showing every one of those lights. But how? I look at the floor and realize hundreds of lights all over the room. I feel myself getting out of breath as this excitement overcomes me. I take three steps forward and spot a picnic set-up in the middle, surrounded with pillows and most of all as I look up, the city of London shines brighter than ever. I can't even hide the astonishment that I feel right now, the bare fact that only the view on its own oversees London at night and the fact that every single light is reflecting on the glass walls makes me feel happy, almost cosy. There is no dark space in this room, making me feel safe.

The sound of the elevator doors appears making me jump. I stay still, feeling it in me. Feeling this pressure in my chest, coming from my stomach, which spreads all over my body. Letting me know that he's here. I turn around, but before I see him, I close my eyes. I'm not even sure why I did this. Maybe I'm scared, or just too excited to act normal either way I manage to open them. I imagined this before, but never have I thought someone would put together something this beautiful. His grey plaid pants and the tucked in white t-shirt make my heart beat even faster. He steps out without breaking the eye contact. In most cases, words would be necessary, but being near him, words seem like such an irrelevant thing. His eyes tell me more than enough and I suppose mine do the same but still I can't keep quiet.

'I wasn't even mad.' I say to him. Even if that's partly a lie, I made peace with things like these but I wasn't directly mad at him.

'But I gave you a reason to be.' Hearing someone accepting the fact that it's their fault makes me wonder if this is true. I don't love him. I know I don't but there is something inside him that gives me the urge to stay, to stay here and be with him, near him.

Theoretically, you can't love someone just based on two weeks of acquaintance, it's simply impossible! I already established that this isn't love, and thankfully for me, it's better that way.

'Well, apparently yes, but I do not bother.' I say and start to get annoyed. I know damn well that I got pissed, but I just can't let things escalate this way. 'The only thing that bothers me, is that I don't know who she is.' I look at him and realize his smile lining down. I made myself believe that she wasn't his girlfriend but by his reaction, even that case comes into the picture.