Chapter 1

I was currently on my way home, Twist wasn't that busy today so Blake let me leave early, which was nice. I've been dying to spend some time with Rebecca and the kids lately.

After pulling into the parking lot of our apartment, I got out and headed up the stairs.

I put the key in the lock and opened the door.

Rebecca and the kids looked up from the couch as I entered.

"You're home early." Rebecca said as I made my way over.

I plopped down next to her and the kids, planting a soft kiss on Rebecca's cheek. "Yeah, things were kinda slow today."

Rebecca smiled. "Well, I guess that means you get to look through old family pictures with us."

The kids smiled and cheered as Rebecca stood, grabbing a binder from the bookshelf.

She retook her spot and opened the binder. The first page was filled with her baby pictures.

"Oh my god, you were so cute." I said with a smile, tapping a few of the pictures.

Rebecca laughed as she flipped through a few more pages.

And, before we knew it, we had reached the last page, which was full of pictures we took with the kids.

Rebecca closed the binder. "I guess that's it."

"Awe." Anna said.

"What about you, mommy?" Max asked me.

I rubbed the back of my neck. "Well, your grandma wasn't much for taking pictures so, I don't really have any."

"Really?" Rebecca asked.

I nodded. "If there are any, they'd be at her house. But, I doubt it."

"Ooh, can we ask her?" Anna asked.

"Yeah, please?" Max added.

I chuckled. "Sorry, kiddos, it's a little late to be bothering your grandma... I know, how about I tell you a story instead?"

"From your childhood?" Rebecca asked.

"Yeah, I've got plenty." I replied.

She chuckled. "Are you sure they're, you know, kid friendly?"

I nodded, patting her shoulder. "Obviously. Here, I have a good one."

Rebecca and the kids sat back as I started my tale.

"Let's start a few months after my sixteenth birthday..."

~~~~~~~~~~
Fourteen Years Ago...

Wendy and I sat in the front seats of my dad's 'Cuda, sharing a cigarette.

"Your dad really left you the car?" She asked, taking a hit of the cigarette before passing it back to me.

I ran my hand over the steering wheel. "At least that's what my mom tells me... of course the only thing he leaves me is a piece of shit that doesn't run."

She took the cigarette back. "Why not fix it up? It would definitely be the coolest car in the student parking lot... and it may win you some points with 'you know who.'"

I rolled my eyes, taking a hit from the cigarette. "Please, she doesn't even know I exist and some rotted out hunk of metal from last century isn't gonna change that."

She threw her arms up. "Fine, I won't mention it anymore."

I sighed, taking one last hit before putting the cigarette out. "C'mon, let's go somewhere."