That person. That horrible thing.

There is a point in your life that it just gets too horrible to live.
My mom is has trust issues. I get that; what happened to her was awful. It was something nobody should go through. Having a person you trust is amazing but it's also deadly because when that person turns on you, it's the worst thing possible. My mom had that person. That same person also turned on her.
That person is one of the main reasons why my mom's life is falling apart right now. My mom can't trust people. Wen she sees that there is something that is even remotely wrong in the person she wants to trust, she ditches. It's been a year since that person did that horrible thing and she still acts like everyone would become that person. My mom doesn't want to help the damaged people because she's afraid she'll become damaged herself.
I get that. I really do. And the fact that I haven't had a person that did a horrible thing to me doesn't mean I can't help. My mom doesn't want help though. Because once she gets help, she has to accept that she is one of the damaged people. And she won't accept that because then that means that the person that did the horrible thing to her wins. And my mom doesn't want her to win. But by refusing help, she is letting the person win. Because then that means that my mom becomes a damaged person.
And that's what the person wanted. So, either way the person wins. I don't know how to make my mom see that. And slowly, I'm becoming a damaged person myself because I have a damaged mother an family.
Life is spectacular when it wants to be.
- Anonymous