Little stories #2

Runaway Girl (Lonely Girl)

She's running. The wind is whipping her hair everywhere. The branches on the trees are scratching at her arms; as if they don't want her to go. The roots of the trees try to trip her every chance they get.

She stops slightly when she gets to a clearing, then glances around. She turns left once she's found what she was looking for. A small dirt trail appears before her, and she knows she's in the right place. She runs down the trail, dodging every branch that got in her way.

Her bag gets caught on a few branches, and she has to stop for a while in order to detangle it from the vines or branches.

She finally reaches a smaller clearing and she turns right this time. She runs down another small trail for a little while; then stops once she sees a medium-sized cave in the distance.

She walks down to it and removes the boulder in front of it. She crawls inside, but doesn't close the boulder. She reaches into her bag and removes a flashlight.

Once she has it in her hands and turned on, she closes the boulder. It takes her a few minutes to walk through the boulder, taking a left, then right, right again, then left once more before she reaches the end of the cave she wants to reach.

She pushes the other boulder out of place and quickly slips out of the cave. Once she's out, she quickly closes the boulder, and then she turns off her flashlight, having no use for it anymore. She places it in her bag.

She continues to walk down two more dirt trails before she reaches her destination.

When she finally arrives and sees a small cabin obscured by trees and very large bushes, she lets out a small cheer of joy and relief.

She reaches into her bag once more and pulls out a small bronze key. She unlocks the door in front of her and steps inside the small, but cozy, cabin.

She heads off to the only room in the cabin and silently unpacks all her things - which isn't much - from her bag.

She has to get the her other two bags from the bushes she hid them in tomorrow. She just hopes no one has found them.

She places her clothes in the drawer and the bathroom supplies in the bathroom.

Once she's done, she decides she wants to have a look around the area she will now be currently living in. She grabs her sketchbook and her bag. She resolves that she's going to map out the area around her, so she'll be able to navigate her way around this part of the forest. She draws a picture of little cabin in the middle of the paper and chooses to walk to her right, which was east, and continues to draw little things that stick out to her on the paper, so she'll remember where they are.

She walks around the forest surrounding her small cabin, and is relieved she hears the comforting sound of rushing water. She silently walks towards the sound and is rewarded by the view of the most stunning waterfall she has ever seen.

The waterfall flows into a small lake, which has a small creek flowing from it. She squeals in delight and decides to look around some more. She swiftly draws a small sketch of the waterfall, small lake, and creek in the paper. She doesn't want to forget where this heaven is.

While looking around, she's happy she brought her bow and arrows with her. There was good catch in this area. She knows that she would also like some fruit, or something other than meat to eat for a while, so she looks around for some fruit she may be able to find. She rapidly draws where she found these areas on the paper.

She looks over to berry looking fruit and decides to grab one to try it. She plucks one from the bush and is about to pop it in her mouth when -

"I would suggest that you don't put that in your mouth."

And, well, she's shocked.

Xxxxx

Always

She looks down at the rope in her hands. She's going to do it. Finally end it here.

She will be able to rest in her darkness.

She carries a chair to the middle of her room and steps on it, the rope still in her hands.

She ties one end of it to the middle of the fan.

She stretches out the noose and begins to slip it over her head.

The papers she carefully wrote out are on her desk, and the note in her hand is still held tightly.

Just as she was getting the noose over her head, a ringing noise blares throughout the small room. Her parents would wake up if she doesn't answer it.

"Shit," the girl says, and quickly scrambles to answer the phone. She quickly looks at the collar ID and groans when she notices it's her best friend. That girl has the worst timing. That girl always calls when she's about to die. It's like that girl has some six sense or something.

That girl always stops her.

Xxxxx

Happy

The blue lights are twinkling. The clouds are shining. The ground is moving.

He feels so high right now.

So happy.

When was the last time he truly felt happy?

Never.

It's only when she came around.

Everything changed when she came around.

He soon felt this thing called love.

And he enjoys the feeling of love.

He looks at her, his eyes full of fondness and affection.

She looks back at him the same way, and really.

He couldn't have it another way.

Break

She throws the plate at the wall; shattering.

Her chest is heaving up and down in uneven breaths.

She turns around and finds the next closest thing to her; a glass cup.

She turns to face the wall and shatters that object against the wall also.

Once she is done, she packs up and leaves.

But the anger still remains inside her. She's only placed it on pause.

And that's what causes her to break.