CHAPTER III

The heavens must be on that Dahyun when Taehyung started eating what he ordered minutes later he choked.

"That liitle brat!" he muttered under his breath.

The owner came to him with a glass of water. He learns that the server, cashier was also the owner and the cafe was run by her and her husband.

"Drink this so that it will go down." the kind woman said while patting his back lightly.

Tears were dropping from his eyes because of his nonstop cough. He drank the whole glass of water and his cough subsides.

"Ahjumma. Mind if I ask? Who is that girl earlier? What is she doing here roaming your cafe? Why did you allow her enter your cafe? Is she a witch?"  Taehyung asked simultaneously.

The woman laughed on his last statement.

"She's Dahyun. She's the only youngster on her age who still chose to live here. She actually ask for my permission if she can conduct a survey about my cafe, it is for the thesis she's currently doing I think. She's really nice. And lastly she's not a witch."

Taehyung blink his eyes for a few times before realizing something. As the old woman excuse herself for a customer who came, he mentally cursed himself. The thought that she was asking for her autograph but for a survey makes him feel bad. He immediately shuts her by seeing the pen and paper she was holding not even considering she has another agenda. Hearing that its for her thesis makes it worse. Aigooo.

****

Taehyung tried not to overthink. There could be many ways she can still conduct her survey. There's a lot of establishments here in town. Right. It's not like the cafe is the only building that has customers. It's not like 80% of the population here is old people. It's not like you can see people walking on those empty streets.

Taehyung took a deep breath because of those thoughts. Whenever he remembers the old woman's word that it was nothing but a girl who wanted to conduct a survey for her thesis makes him feel like a bad person. It was stupid of him.

He ruffles his hair in annoyance. Ahh. Forget it. She'll figure that out herself. I came back to my senses when I heard mom knocking at my door.

"Tae, can you come out please? Mr. Kim, the old man next door wanted to see you!"

"Ok."

I immediately stand up and fixed my clothes. I remember Mr. Kim being mentioned by the caretaker of our house. He was a family friend though not blood related to ours. She also mentioned him being friends with my grandma a long time ago.

I got out of my room and make my way on our living room. There, I saw an old man with a cane looking like he is almost 90 years old.
I bowed as I made my appearance. The old man looks pleased and laugh afterwards.

"This is my son, Taehyung." Father said while tapping my back lightly.

"Aigoo. What a handsome young man!" he exclaimed while looking at me.

"Kamsahamnida. Haraboji." i smiled and bowed again. Mr. Kim kind of reminds me of my granpa. We might click. He looks like a warm hearted person.

"Dahyun-ah just give it to me. I'll prepare this for our dinner." I heard my mom said and I turned around to see who is she talking to.
I saw that girl from earlier. What is she doing here?

Dahyun smiled brightly in response to Mrs. Kim. She handed her the food she brought.

When she got home earlier, her grandpa asks her to get the food he ordered from Mrs. Oh a few blocks away from their house. He mentioned that the son of his friend a long time ago came back and wanted to catch up with him and invited them to a dinner. Since Dahyun is not a good cook, her grandpa had to order from Mrs. Oh who owns a small restaurant in the area. On her way she crossed path with Mrs. Kim and immediately get along with her as she was kind and chill to talk to.