CHAPTER VI

Taehyung checks the pictures of his members shared on their group chat. He saw how they were having fun in their vacation. Specially Jungkook who enjoys biking in Amsterdam, even sharing some beautiful scenery of the city. His Hoseok-hyung share some good news about him having a collaboration abroad. He didn't give too much details because he wanted to surprise them and their fans. Namjoon and Suga were actually hanging out together and mentioned they were writing some songs. Jin also shared his fishing trip with his family. Jimin were enjoying spending his time with his family as well. Taehyung made sure to leave a comment on every members pictures. He forgot to get the pictures from his camera and decided to share them later on.

He's happy to know that his members were healthy and enjoying their vacation because after 2 months they'll be back on being idols again. He closed his phone and finally getting up from the bed.

He doesn't have the energy to go out today. It seems like he caught the lifeless energy of the town. Taehyung done a quick shower and went out of his room.

He was greeted by his parents having breakfast. He stopped on his tracks and about to walk out of the house when he heard his father.

"Come back here and join us for breakfast."

He turned to face his father and saw staring intently at him. "I'll just have my breakfast at the cafe." Taehyung replied trying not to sound rude.

"Let him be." Tae-ha said holding his husband's hand resting on the table. "Son, just get back soon. Your father and I planned to visit a nearby resort, there's a lot of activities we can enjoy. It's a perfect time to have some family bonding." his mother said excitedly.

"I already made plans. You and father can go." Taehyung walks towards the door when his father said something he didn't expect.

"You don't have to try hard on avoiding us. Your granny is gone and you have to deal with it. We, your parents are still here. Don't act like we didn't exist."

Taehyung kick the stone sitting on the white sand. He was in deep thoughts that he didn't realized he reached a nearby beach. He was caught off guard by his father's words.

Yes. He is trying to avoid them as much as possible because simply he didn't see them as his parents. His grandparents were always been the one who's always by his side ever since he was a kid. Every family days, every birthdays, every time he participates on their school's activities and every time he's sad.

His grandparents makes sure he will never feel alone and unloved. They were his no. 1 fans when he was just starting to pursue his dreams. His parents were never seen on the picture. They will just send him material stuffs to make up for everything. He'll only got to see them 2 times in a year, growing up. And that was fine with him. Since his grandparents presence were the only thing important. Now that they're both gone, he didn't know what to do.

If only he can turn back time.

"Taehyung-ssi? What are you doing here?"

His train of thoughts were interrupted when he saw a familiar face.
"Mr. Kim? What are you doing here?" he immediately asks.

The old man smiled and take a sit beside him.
"I'm doing my morning jog. This is my everyday routine and you didn't answer my question."

"I'm not sure." he heaved a deep sigh. "Taking a break, I guess."

The old man saw different emotions reflected in his eyes but there is one thing he's sure of, the young man in front of him is lonely.

"You know, this beach has the power to heal people's wounds." Mr. Kim caught Taehyung's attention so he continued. "Every time I feel sad, I'll just go here and think all the happiest memories I had. That at least ease the sadness I felt. And if I feel hopeless, I think a thousand reasons why should I enjoy life. For some people especially me who's having a hard time to continue living, I always thought of that one person who gave me reason to live. My granddaughter." the old man laugh remembering he escape from Dahyun when she was busy making breakfast.