CHAPTER XI

DAHYUN POV

The ride in Taehyung's car is awkward. Since grandpa is too tired, he decided to take a nap in the back seat. While me, avoiding Taehyung's gaze every time I caught him on the mirror.

I'm still embarrassed about what happened earlier at the stairs. It's so dumb of me missing a one step. Apparently Taehyung came back with a car so that grandpa doesn't need to walk which I am thankful with since the van that the elders use to roam around the town is full.

Well, I think I'm gonna give this one on Taehyung for being thoughtful.

I tried stealing a glance on him but he also did it at the same time making it more awkward. I didn't know that the ride home was this far.

I chose to closed my eyes and pretend to sleep but instead what I saw was his face that almost touching mine. How beautiful his eyes, his pointed nose and specially his kissable lips...

Ah. Did I say kissable? Nevermind. I'll just keep my eyes open to avoid seeing it again. I can't afford to be seen by him with my burning cheeks. He might thought that I like him too which is not yet the case.

Yet?

"We're here."

I look out the window it is indeed. He parked the car just in front of our gate. I turn to face him to say thank you but he got out and assist grandpa inside our house.
I fixed my hair and tried to be neat as much as possible. I grab our things and walk my way inside.

As I reach the gate, I turn to Taehyung and thanked him for the ride.

"No problem. By the way are you sure you're not hurt?" then proceed on checking on me if I had any bruises or cuts.

"I'm fine. No need to worry. I want to say thank you for today and for all you've done." If it wasn't for him and Hee Chan. We wouldn't have won those prizes.

Taehyung then suddenly move closer, specifically to my ear.
"I don't need thanks. A kiss will be fine." I felt a tingling sensation when his breath brushed my cheeks.

Panick rose in my system and I didn't know what to do.
As he is still so close to me, I took the initiative to step back.
"Y-yah. What are you saying. You're becoming weird."

He just laughs at my reaction.
"It's not. And whether you like it or not. I'm gonna court you and make sure that you'll say yes." he winked at me and ruffled my hair before leaving.

Okay. Court you say?

****

It's already 10 pm but I'm still awake and rolling on my bed. My body is tired but my mind seems to have its own energy and keeps thinking what happened today.

And to summarize everything in one day, Taehyung confessed that he likes me, did everything to impress me, saved me from falling then telling me I don't have a say if I will let him court me?

Wow. That man is really something else. The previous days, I've seen him in his vulnerable state and being rude, snobbish prick too. And I hope he would start to change his attitude towards his parents. Because unlike him, not all parents will try to reconnect to their kids. He should be grateful for having such parents.

My train of thoughts were cut when my phone suddenly rang. It showed the unregistered number on the screen. Maybe its him!

I grab my phone and practice my voice first. I've tried saying hello in a different tone, in the end I chose to use my normal voice.

"H-hello?"

"oh. Why do you sound so nervous? Do you really don't want to communicate with us again?" my eyebrows creases as I recognize her voice. Is this Jihyo-unnie?