CHAPTER X

(a/n: I'll be switching to character's POV)

DAHYUN POV

I feel like my heart is going to pop out.

Taehyung is still holding my hand, tight. Looking at me with his piercing brown eyes. I cannot help my cheeks burning because of what he said. With his eyes looking at me like that, I could almost say yes

What?

He must've just playing with me.

Is he though?

I swallowed the invisible lump building on my throat. I don't know what to do on this kind of situation. It's the first time someone did this to me not taking back their words.

I open my mouth and is about to say something when I heard someone called my name.

"Dahyun-ah, your grandpa is looking for you." I turn to see Hee Chan with his hands on his pocket.

I immediately pulled my hand and followed Hee Chan without looking back at Taehyung.

Maybe that's just a silly prank why would he say that when we barely knew each other?

"Dahyun-ah, where have you been?" my grandpa ask when I got back on our table. Hee Chan now sitting along with us.

"Ah. I... well..." I'm looking for words to say to grandpa but I can't seem to find one. As I'm still digesting what happened earlier.

"Nevermind. Anyways, we need to participate in games. They have nice prizes." he said laughing excitedly.

I smiled in return and assist him on our way to the crowd. The first game is to have a high score on the karaoke with a prize of a box of cookies which grandpa likes so much.

He immediately raised his hand, to inform he wants to participate. The host of the game smiled and nod at him. Giving him the number 1.

I looked at my grandpa who's so happy he got selected.
"Haraboji, why did you enter this game? you know you can't win them right? Let me just buy you a box of cookies." I whispered trying to convince him.

You see, grandpa is tone deaf. He can't hit the pitch right unlike his opponents who looks like they have karaoke in their home since they were born. I just laugh at the thought seeing a baby sing with just random words.

"No. It's different to win a prize you work than buying. And also, Hee Chan offered to play in my place."grandpa replied giggling.

I avert my attention on Hee Chan who is now holding a mic, getting ready to sing. The song he chose was So Chan Wee's Tears. It looks like he really wanted to win with hitting those high notes.
Hee Chan started singing and the elders is now getting hyped by his singing. I bet if they can jump they would. They were excited just by listening to the song.

The song ended and he scored 98. Hee Chan went to us giving high fives. Grandpa seems to be confident since it was a high score. The game continues with another 3 elders only scoring 94, 95, and 96. It was down to the last participant.

I am shock to see that it was Taehyung. He walking confidently to the center while looking at me.

I thought after that awkward situation earlier he would leave but he even participated on the game?
I tried avoiding his gaze by looking at the screen of the karaoke but I failed. He gave me a mischievous smile and grab the mic.

"Before I start, I wanted to say my love battery is dying! Can someone recharge me?" he said dramatically, still looking at me.

I avert my eyes on him pretending to look around. I heard him laugh and the song starts playing.