Chapter 3

"It's not just that," I interject hesitantly. "I mean, that's part of it, but we also only just met yesterday." He looks at me intently before responding, "Listen, I don't want to pressure you into anything you're not comfortable with. We can always do something else." I can almost hear Natalie's voice in my head, urging me to step out of my comfort zone and seize the opportunity with this godly man. As much as I hate to admit it, she's right. At twenty-five, I've never experienced intimacy in any form, and the thought of exploring this uncharted territory both excites and terrifies me. Despite the fact that we'll be working together daily for the next year, the idea of breaking this barrier with him seems like a necessary step towards personal growth and independence. So, gathering my courage, I finally agree, and with a tinge of hesitation, "W-we can play."

"You don't sound entirely convinced," he observes. Taking a deep breath, I reply with more determination, "I am sure. We're mature adults; we should be able to enjoy a simple game without any awkwardness."

"Okay," he nods in understanding, getting up to fetch another bottle of wine. As he offers me a refill, our eyes lock, and he asks, "Shall we begin?" With a nervous swallow, I agree, and mustering some courage, I start the game by stating, "Never have I ever stolen something." His reaction is to smirk, while I sheepishly remove an item of clothing. He smiles at me, a genuine smile "Alexus Clark, you've stolen something before?"

"I was ten and I really wanted a candy bar but my mom refused to buy it for me," I say "So, I shoved up my shirt" I take a sip of wine as I finish my sentence trying my hardest not to burst out laughing, he just looked at me and continued smiling "Ok, never have I ever gotten into a fight." He stares at me with laughter in his eyes and waits to see if I take anything off and I don't, but he does, he removes his socks and smiles at me "Since we're starting with baby steps here." he waves his socks in the air before neatly rolling them together and placing them on the floor next to his chair. We stare at each other for a little while longer just sipping our wine and he raises his eyebrow at me, making me raise mine as well and he smiles. "So you've never been in a fight before?"

"Nope, I was a goody-two-shoes when I was a kid. All I wanted to do was stay out of trouble."

"Good to know." I bite the edge of my wine glass before taking another sip and examine the man in front of me. I can't help but stare at him, the dim florescent lights darken his features making him look very mischievous and even more attractive. My eyes fall from his hair to his face all the way down his body ending at his feet, he has pretty feet for a man. I look up at him and he's staring at me probably doing the same thing as me and then I remember that we're playing a game and it's my turn. The mood is light and we progress through various revelations and shared laughter, gradually shedding our inhibitions along the way. As the game continues and the wine flows, the atmosphere between us becomes more relaxed and playful. However, as the questions become more daring and the tension between us palpable, I start feeling increasingly vulnerable. "Ok, we're playing this game a little too safe. It's time to step it up a notch. Never have I ever had a threesome." He stepped it up more than a notch and it makes me take a big swig of wine, I can feel my body temperature rising the more I drink and my head starts to buzz a little. I should probably stop drinking, but I won't. He removes his tee-shirt to reveal a white tank top that I didn't realize he had on and I don't remove anything, but he doesn't say anything so I guess in his mind not everyone is down for a threesome. The game continues for a while and at the moment we're both is sitting there in our undergarments and we're both pretty tipsy, we're on our fourth bottle of wine quickly moving to our fifth one, it's back to his turn

"Never have I ever been caught masturbating by my friend." Unfortunately, this has happened to me. I stand up and turn away from him to take my bra off, I drop it on the floor and wrap my arms around my chest before turning around and sitting back down. He has a weird twinkle in his eyes when he looks at me, and I feel like he wants to ask me to move my arms but he doesn't "Has anyone seen your naked body outside of you?" He asks sounding very curious "No, nope." I say "No one has gotten the chance because I am a virgin." As soon as the words leave my mouth I quickly stand up, I am definitely past my drinking limit. "Interesting." He says, hinting at wanting to address my lack of sexual experience, I abruptly realize the perilous territory the game has led us into. "I think things might be crossing a professional boundary here," I tentatively point out, attempting to regain some control over the escalating situation.