CHAPTER 6

"So, who's the winner?"

I asked habang tinutulungan niya akong tumayo. He just pointed his lips to the screen of the machine. When I turned my gaze on it,

No. Fuckin'. Way...

"Guess we really have to do the extra service later, baby." He whispered in a sexy tone.

Napalunok ako. Water! I need a gallon of water!!!!

"Hahahahahahahaha! Your face is priceless, Ven!"

Tsk! Di lang pervert, baliw pa. Inakbayan niya ko at nagsimula na kaming maglakad paalis sa DDR.

"You know I'm only joking, right? Hahahaha! I respect you, okay? I will fulfill my promise to you na kahit tumanda pa tayo, hangga't di pa tayo kasal, we will never do it. I love you."

He gave me a genuine smile. I smiled as well and uttered, "I love you too." Alam ko naman yun eh. Kent is different from other men. He always know his limits and he never failed to make me feel so loved despite of my complicated mind... and life.

I remember how we became official that time. It was during my Graduation. Sobrang pressured na siya nun because 2 weeks after, he had to take na the board exam to become a licensed Doctor, but he still fled all the way from Ph to Cali to witness my recognitions.

After the ceremony, everyone was already preparing to go home and have their own celebrations when suddenly the hall went black & everyone remained silent. I was really wondering why. When I was about to get my phone, I realized that I gave my purse to Drix when our Batch had the photo opps. Sobra na 'kong kinabahan nun. I just remained where I was standing because I was afraid na baka di na tao ang mabangga ko sa sobrang tahimik ng hall. I kept calling my family and Kent's name, but no one was answering.

And suddenly, a spot light lit my area. And slowly the screen on the stage played. It was a slide presentation of Kent and I. Our photos together. I was so shock. Di ko namalayan umiiyak na pala ako.

"Keeent." I uttered. And there he walked out from the darkness and came infront of me with a boquet of tulips in his hands.

"Ven... You told me to ask it when you're already done with your studies, right? I guess this is already the right moment to ask you that question again."

I was just staring at him. Malabo na ang paningin ko dahil sa mga luhang dumadaloy sa mata ko but the feelings I have inside my heart will never be blur. I love this man.

"Venice Amarie Goden, my bestfriend, my love, will you be my Girlfriend and my loving wife in the near future?"

I nodded incessantly.

"Yes, yes, yes. Yes, I will be, Kent. I am now yours."

He hugged me so tight and kept kissing the top of my head.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Finally it's official!!!! She's now mine! I love you so much my Venice!!!!"

And with that, the lights went on. Everyone was cheering and clapping. My friends Kiara and Danny walked towards us pouring as confettis. I saw Mom and Dad also giving us happy smiles.

"Man, she's not allowed to get married yet. Suit yourself." My brother nudged, giving us a rolled eye.

Sabay-sabay nalang kaming natawa sa sinabi niya.

"Kid, I know. We'll get there, but for now, I'll do everything to keep her and make her happy til the church bell rings."

Kent shook my brother's hair which he hated the most.

"Ice cream, my baby."

I was just back to my senses nang ibalandra ni Kent ang ice cream sa tapat ng mukha ko. Cheese flavor! Yey my favorite!

Nandito na kami ngayon sa labas ng mall. We saw a mini-park here and decided na dito muna magpahinga since mas fresh ang air dito. We're sitting in a long bench.

While eating my ice cream, Kent took the opportunity to take a photo of me using his DSLR. This is one of Kent's hobby. Photography. Well maybe if he's not from a family of Doctors baka ito na din ang pinursue niyang career.

"Ahhh! Delete it! Ang panget ko ngayon!"

He just kept laughing.

"You were never ugly in my eyes, Ven."

Umupo na din siya sa tabi ko and started eating his ice cream. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Kent, bakit kaya ang sarap ng dirty ice cream compared to branded ones, no?"

I asked out of the blue.

"Hmm, maybe because it's a taste of hardwork. You know, those vendors aren't privileged like us. Kailangan nilang magkanda kuba sa paghahanap buhay just to earn for everyday living. Kaya ganon kasarap. Just like success, mas fulfilling diba kapag pinaghirapan mong abutin?"

I nodded and smile. This is one of the best features of Kent. When you ask him, he will never give you a dull answer. He makes sure na maiintindihan mo ang point niya.

We just remained eating our ice cream while feeling the fresh breeze of air. When suddenly, an unfamiliar jolly voice played in my head.

"I remember you once mentioned that you like cheese and choco flavor ice cream. Weird taste huh. But yeah, here. I hope you like it."

"You okay, Ven?"

Kent asked me when he noticed my discomfort. I shook my head. What was that?

"Kent... Did... Did I ever tell you that I like a mix of choco and cheese flavor of ice cream?"

Nakita kong naguluhan siya sa tanong ko.

"No. Baby, you like cheese flavor alone ever since we met in High School."

Kung ganon... Sa'n nanggaling ang boses na 'yun? Naghahalucinate ba 'ko?

"I... I... I think I heard a voice inside my head telling me that."

For a while I saw Kent's face turned serious. But it immediately was replaced by a laugh.

"Pagod ka lang siguro." He said and tap my head.

"So ano, tara na? Para makapagrest ka muna before our extra service. Hahaha"

I rolled my eyes.

"Extra service mo mukha mo."

Inunahan ko na siyang maglakad palayo. He was still putting our trash on the trash can kaya nang nakita niyang malayo na 'ko, he run toawards me which made me also run away habang tawa ng tawa.

Para kaming mga bata.

I missed this.

I have always missed this.