CHAPTER 7

The next day, we both woke up early because it's already Monday. The most hated day of everyone.

As usual, Kent prepared the meal for us. Pagkatapos naming kumain, he just took a shower at nauna nang umuwi. He also has to prepare sa bahay nila ng mga kailangan niyang dalhin sa hospital.

I was left in my condo with messed thoughts.

Papasak ba ako ngayon sa company?

Papasok pa ba ako despite of what Dad did?

Kailangan pa ba ako dun?

Jeez! Napakamot ako sa ulo ko. Of course they still need me. I was the one who did everything to have that damn deal! Bakit ako ang kailangan mahirapan sa kakaisip ngayon? Tsk!

Well, these questions will never be answered unless I don't confront my parents.

Also, I need to ask them why they told Lolo that I'm about to take Law. Akala ko ba di na nila 'ko papakialaman as long as I don't enroll to Journalism. As long as I don't engage myself to public services. Tsk!

I feel my blood run to my head. Haaay! Eto na naman ako, naiirita na naman.

To have these all answered, I decided to just go to Dad's office. I'm not backing off.

Pagdating ko, everyone's staring at me. Ewan ko pero bigla akong nakaramdam ng awkwardness. I'm not used of getting people's attention.

"Siya pala yung unica ija ng Goden family? I really thought she's just a normal employee here."

"Yeah, I thought so. Kaya pala she immediately goes to 8th floor dahil nandun ang Daddy niya."

I overheard some employees talking about me when I was waiting for the elevator.

"But yeah, no one would really thought she's a Goden especially that she looks so simple."

Bigla akong napalingon nang sabihin yun ng babaeng di kalayuan sakin. Agad naman silang tumahimik at napa-iwas tingin. I gave them a raising brow. Tss! Akala mo naman magaganda, eh ang kakapal lang naman ng make up. Tsk!

When the elevator opened, hindi sila sumabay. They just waited for the other elevator na nasa 10 floor pa. Well, serves them right.

"Good morning, Ms. Goden."

Someone greeted me while the other three persons na kasabay namin were just staring at me. I just give him a nod.

"8th floor?" He asked.

"Yes, please."

Pagdating sa 8th floor, agad akong dumeritso sa office ni Dad. But to my dismay, one of his executives told me that he has not come to the office yet. He's having a meeting with the SBJ chairman at SBJ Corp. I sighed.

"When will he come here? Any specific time?"

I asked him.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Venice but I think the meeting will take them a day since the SBJ chairman also invited your father for a golf this afternoon."

I sighed even more. So what now? Tsk!

I went out his office and just decided to go to mine. But my jaw almost fell when I saw that the office is already empty.

Where are my stuffs? And what the hell is the meaning of this?!

For a moment, naramdaman kong uminit ang mukha ko sa sobrang inis. Do I really deserve this? Why do they keep on messing up with my life?

When I went out from my empty office, may nakasalubong akong employees who kept staring at me. I got quite conscious, baka kung ano na ang itsura ko so I decided to go first to the comfort room to have some retouch. Mabuti nalang pagdating ko, isang cubicle lang ang occupied. Meaning, I won't get too much attentions.

I looked at myself in the mirror. Yeah, totoo nga yung sinabi nung mga bitches na yun, I look so simple. I just wore a simple peach blouse and a skirt matched with a black coat. So normal employee. But I won't blame myself either. This is the dressing way I get used to here in Ph, for me not to get much attention. I forgot everyone in this building knows me na pala. I shoul've worn a classy clothe to shut them off.

I took my make up kit on my purse and fixed myself. Now I look better even with this simple outfit.

I was washing my hand when the occupied cubicle opened.

At kung sineswerte ka nga talaga. It's someone more stressful who came out.

The great TRIXIE ARCEÑO. Tss!

Pag labas niya, she immediately went to the sink next to me kaya di niya 'ko napansin. She washed her hand and when she raised her head, she finally saw me on the mirror.

Her reaction's priceless. Para siyang nakakita ng magandang multo. Well, her guilt says it all.

"Do you know the value of water?"

I asked her, sarcastically smiling.

"H-huh?"

Tanong niya na parang hindi mapakali. Another point for an obvious guilt.
I pointed the faucet na umaagas parin ang tubig. When she saw it, she panicked and immediately turned it off.

"S-sorry." she uttered.

Napasingkit ang mata ko. Is she some kind of dumb? Or she just have a speaking problem? Why stutter? Hahaha!

"No, it's okay." I said smiling.

"I just am really particular with things I value. You know, those that we do not get without doing extra efforts? Even our water here is valuable, isn't it?" I continued.

She just bowed her head. She took her bag. Aalis na sana siya when I streched my hand towards her.

"Venice Amarie Goden."

I said, waiting for her to take my hand for a handshake.

"Trixie Johana Arceño."

She took my hand and I can really feel her shaking. She can't even look me in the eye, she just keep bowing her head. 100% accurate. Nervous and guilty.

"It's nice to meet you, Trixie."

I said smiling. Hindi parin siya makatingin sakin ng deritso.

"It's... it's also nice to meet you, Ms. Goden. B-but, I'm sorry, I need to go."

She uttered at nagmamadaling lumabas ng cr. Pero bago pa man siya makalabas ng tuluyan, I took the chance to utter my final say.

"Congrats & Good luck, Ms. New Managing Director."

I emphasized the word New Managing Director. Napahinto siya for a moment, at tuluyan ng lumabas.

I gasped and calmed myself. Breath in, breath out.

Now that we finally met, I'll make sure to do everything to get rid of her. I'll never let my hardworks just be taken in vain.

Lumabas na 'ko ng restroom and made my way to the parking lot.

When I got in to my car, I dialed Mommy's number. It just took 3 rings for her to pick up.

"Been waiting for your call, Ven. Where are you? I need to talk to you."

"No, Mom. You aren't just the one who'll do the talking. WE need to talk."

I ended the call and breath deeply before I finally started the engine and drove on the way home.