4.

C H A P T E R 4

N I A L L

"I fucking told you so mate, I knew it! You and Harry are knobheads! Cheetos company themselves told me over the phone, that they are not considered- Niall?"

I gulp, not tearing my eyes away from the front door of the coffee shop. Harry and the other man getting slowly out of my sight. I furrow my eyebrows, looking downwards.

There is no fucking reason for you to be sad Niall. You've met less than 5 times, straighten up lad. It's not too late to drag yourself out of this. He may have a boyfriend, yes. You have two options, never see him once again or befriend him.

"Ni, are you okay?" Louis asks gently.

I bite my lip. No. 

No, I am not.

"Eh... yes, Lou. I am - I'll just step out for a second for some fresh air." I mumble, quickly ripping my apron off of my body and walking out from the backdoor.

As soon as I make it outside, I take a deep breath.

You don't know him, Niall. You met each other this week. You don't like people this quickly, you wonder, you overthink and you mess everything up before you even think of talking to him. He shouldn't be an exception, he's just a random lad who came in for coffee. Nothing else.

Why are you bringing yourself down like this? He shouldn't be this important to you. He isn't someone who you would die for. This never happened with someone else. You always push them away before this happens. Why the hell does it matter that he has someone?

Maybe because he started to climb up my wall, without me trying to push him away from it.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

"So, want to tell me what is bothering you?" Louis asks, munching on one of his chips.

"Not anything to tell you, bro." I lie, picking the salad away from my plate so I can dig into this delicious burger.

"Niall, I don't want to be a bitch about it. But something is bothering you. We both know that."

"If there was something, I would tell you," I explain, plastering on a fake grin.

"No, you would not Niall."

This time, Louis is more focused on me and looks stern, almost like an older brother telling off his younger one.

"I'm just having a stomach bug, it's over now that I have eaten. Happy?" I reply snarkily. I know Louis is only being considerate and caring. I don't have the energy to talk about this now so he should just let it go.

"Niall, I know you." I ignore Louis, focusing on my burger and chips instead. Maybe, he'll get tired of me and leave me the fuck alone.

"Niall!" Louis hisses.

"What Louis, what more could you possibly want me to say?" I hiss back at him.

"Well, I don't know, the fookin' truth mate!" Louis thick accent rings through the empty restaurant. His accent becomes even more noticeable when he's angry.

"What Louis? I already told you that nothing is bothering me." I groan out, glancing around to make sure no one is listening and being disturbed by the two of us.