Chapter 3

It was a new day. Rapunzel dropped off the girls at school. Lance and Eugene went to work, as well. Once Rapunzel got back to the castle, she and Varian went to the room where the girl is at, so they talk about her.
"Varian, where did you found her?," Rapunzel asked.
Varian replied, "A voice told me that she was hurt and she needed my help."
"A voice?," Rapunzel said, weirdly. "When did you begin to hear this voice?"
Varian knows that he didn't want to say, but he trust Rapunzel. Therefore he said, "It all began 5 years ago. After we defeated Zhan Tiri and after Karina was born. I try to avoid it, but it keeps on coming back."
Rapunzel asked, "Varian, I am sorry, but why you didn't tell us?"
Varian replied, "I didn't want to worry you and you have too many things going on, since you're queen."
"I understand," Rapunzel said and she put her hand on his shoulder. "But how do the voices know about this girl?"
Varian said, "I don't know, but I think she has a connection to Lance."
Rapunzel asked, "How do you know? Because of that picture?"
Varian replied strongly, "Yes." They noticed that the girl was moving and she woke up. Once she got up, she got scared and she pulled out her spear from behind her. She pointed at them. "Who are you?," The girl asked.
Rapunzel replied, "I am Queen Rapunzel and this is Varian. He helped you last night."
Varian add-in, "If you want to know where you are, you are-,"
The girl cut-in, "I know where I am. I am in Corona. I also know what Corona is."
Varian asked, "Can you tell us who are you?"
The girl knew that she didn't want to and she was scared, but she said, "My name is Kayla. Kayla Schnitz. My parents died when I was baby and apparently my brother did, too. My sister, Nina was watching over me. One day, we met a pack of wolves and we met Demanitus..."
Varian cut-in, "You know Demanitus??"
Rapunzel told him, "Don't interrupt her story. Continue, please."
"Anyway," Kayla said. "They were nice to us. We played and had fun until a group of hunters came. They were hunting for wolves. Nina sacrificed herself to save my best friend, Dante. She was shot at the head by a hunter. The wolves took me in for what she did. They taught me everything I need to know, including survival. Demanitus left and he came back on my 12th birthday. He gave a cloak that can change disguises and gave me a letter. He told me to read it on my 18th birthday. So, I waited those 6 years and yesterday was my birthday. I opened it and read it. He wanted me to go to Corona, so I can find my family. Dante wanted to come because he has no other family, except for me. We left, but we got separated last night during that fog." She ended her story. It made Rapunzel and Varian cry a bit.
Rapunzel said, "I am sorry."
Kayla add-in, "And just you now, Dante will find me."
"We know," Varian said. "You can trust us."
"How do I know I can trust y'all?," Kayla asked.
Rapunzel said, "I promise and when I make a promise,-"
Kayla cut-in, " 'I never ever break that promise.' Nina told me and my brother that." Kayla had to think for a sec. Can she trust them or will they betray her? "Okay, I can trust y'all." She puts spear down. Varian and Rapunzel was happy that she trusts them.
Varian asked, "So what do we do now??"
Kayla said, "Now, I have to look for Dante. There is only one place he will go."
"Where?," Rapunzel asked.
"Snuggly Ducks," Kayla replied. "It is one place we would go."
Varian said, "Then, we better hurry because they could hurt him. Even Lance might."
"Who's Lance?," Kayla asked.
Rapunzel replied, "A man you're about to meet." Varian and Rapunzel was the first ones to leave the room and Kayla grabbed her bag. While she ran out the room, she pulled out her locket and put it around her neck.
Varian and Rapunzel ran to the horse stable. Rapunzel got on Max and Varian got on a new horse name Greta, who Max has a crush on.
Rapunzel was curious and asked, "Where is Pascal?"
Varian said, "Don't worry. We will find him after we get Dante." Rapunzel nod her head. They met up with Kayla at the front of the gates. They stopped where Kayla is at.
Varian asked, "Where's your ride?"
Kayla chuckled and said, "Like I said before, 'They teach me everything I need to know, including survival.'" Her eyes glowed red and she ran fast like the speed of light. That made Varian and Rapunzel completely shocked. Then they ride to catch up...