One Day

Bethany POV

Today we wil be going to Derek's mother's house again for a family cookout . I decided wear a cream blouse with a cardigan and a maroon colored skirt I was so excited because last time I had went his family had been so geniune and sweet.

When we arrive I am welcomed by Julianne,Derek's sister.

"Hey!" she says as we embrace.

"Hi how's it going?" I say in a cheerful voice.

"Great, I am so glad you can come. It's going to be really fun. Us Houghs know how to get down!" she shrieks with a wink.

I chuckle, starting outside.

"Hey Mama Hough!"

"Hi Bethany, you look amazing!" she cheerfully says.

I blush, "Aww you look amazing too! While we were both in midst of a conversation, we were interupted by a piercing scream.

I turn around to see Paris.

"AUNTY BETH!" she screeches at the top of her lungs.

"How are you doing?" I ask. I notice Derek staring at us with a smug grin across his face. I smirk back at him.

"Remember how last time you said you would do my makeup." She then flashes a puppy dog face and swings her feet like a rocking chair. "Do you think you can do my makeup for me?" she asks.

Just then,her mother,Sharee walks up to us and gives me an apologetic smile.

"Paris.." she says in a stern look. Paris turns to her mother giving her a look of innnoncence.

"Don't worry it would be my pleasure to do her makeup," I say assurigly.

"Thank you sweetie," she says as we connect into a hug.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Derek's POV

Bethany is amazing. I must admit it, at first I was scared that she wouldn't get along with me my family. But she blends in perfectly. I mean everyone loves her!

"Derek!" says my sister, Marabeth obnoxiously waving her hand infront of my face.

"What were you thinking about?" she asks with a slight chuckle.

I remain quiet and blush.

"You are head OVER heels about that girl. I mean I have never seen you react this way about someone ever."

I awkwardly chuckle,"Yeah she is.. special."

Marabeth flashes me a sly grin.

"Oooh," all my family says in unision.

"Ok you guys are being so childish," I jokingly say rolling my eyes.

At once all of us erupt into laughter.

"Derek she is an incredible girl, and I know for a fact that she is a keeper," my mother says with a wink.

Bethany POV

"So I am going to go with a more natural look because you honestly don't need makeup, you are so pretty!" I say with a wide grin.

Paris smiles, "Thank you for doing this with me."

"Anytime kiddo!" I chuckle.

"So," she teases drumming her fingers against the table.

I pause giving her a questionable frown. "What's wrong?"

"Well you see I like this boy. and.....
I nod understandingly.
"And well what if he doesn't like me back?" she asks.

I smile,"You came to the right person."
I take a moment in consideration.

"Well the biggest advice I have is to be yourself. Never change who you are for a boy. As a matter of fact... nobody."

"How do I approach him?" she asks inquisitively.

I sigh,"Well tell him how you feel. And if he doesn't feel the same way. He doesn't deserve you," I say with a smile.

She nods slowly, "Thank you Bethany, I didn't really want to... ya.. know.... tell my mom about my boy problems."

"Oh I understand, I remember in the 7th grade when I had the biggest crush on this guy and I asked my sister for advice instead of my mother," I chuckle slightly.