Daddy Problems

Bethany's POV

  Now that the 'the big news" had been revealed, I had a felt a heavy weight being pulled from above me.  Unlike before, Derek and I can now enjoy walks outside, and casual luncheons together without being questioned We don't have to feel the burden to hide anything. Because of that fact, I noticed our relationship beginning to slowly progress. Since the whole situation was pretty uncalled for, my parents were initially left in a state of surprise. But they soon warmed up to the idea. Well at least my mother. My dad not so much.I had missed my parents a whole lot and didn't really get the chance to see them that often so I had decided to go  to their home,along with Derek.

Derek's POV

For some reason I was nervous. No I didn't admit that fact to Bethany but I tried my best to conceal my anxiousness with a  wide smile. I guess my fake smile didn't hide my nervousness to well, because as we were  heading to exit the car, Bethany gently rested her hand on mine giving me a look of assurance. I smile to myself.

"What do I say?" I stutter, barely managing to finish my sentence.

Bethany glances at me with a grin," Just being you is the best."

I grin uneasily," I mean I know your mother loves me but..... not so sure about your dad." To be honest, I haven't really gotten to have  full- on conservation with her dad. Yeah there was small talk here and there but it never went further than that.

Bethany sighs," Yeah my dad can be one tough cookie but once you break it,he is all pure and sweet." "You've met him before so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

"Yeah but last time I saw him we weren't dating and now we are in a relationship," I say shaking my head.

"Derek, this is literally the same thing that we went through when I saw your mother," She says with a  chuckle. 

"Trust me you'll be perfectly fine, just remember to not say anything stupid," She laughs jokingly but serious at the same time.

And with that I try to calm down and slowly tap on the door.

At the door I am greeted by a wide smile by Bethany's mom. "Oh my gosh, How are you?" she asks with glee  pulling me in for a hug.

"Come in!," she says frantically motioning at us.

"Bethany, how are you sweetie," she asks cheerfully as she also pulls Bethany in for a bear hug.

"Everything's been going amazing," She says glancing dreamily at me as our hands lock together.

"Where's dad?," she asks out of curiosity.

"He is----." 

"Hey Bethany!!" her dad shrieks interrupting Tammy.

He slowly embraces into a tight hug with Bethany.

I then gradually untie my hands from Bethany's,awkwardly.

"I missed you!" he says with a laugh brushing Beth's hair.

"Aww I missed you more," she chuckles with a slight wink.

"Hello Mr. Mota, How have you been?, I say in the brief moment of silence

His smile quickly turns into a slight frown at the presence of my voice. I try my best to remain positive as I deflate inside.

He clears his throat as  begins to  straughtens his back, "Derek."

When he says my name, there is an adverse vibe, I feed of it.

"Mr. Mota, It means so much to me for allowing me to come into your home so unexpectedly," I say as I reach for his hand.

He reluctantly places his hand in mine as we began a brief handshake.

'Actually it was just meant to be more of a family day, but I mean I guess you could tag along if you like, he retorts.

I notice Bethany and Tammy's  face drop in utter disbelief.

"Derek it's going to be alright." Stay calm. Just don't react to it at all.

I sense the sharpness in his voice and  automatically turn stiff as cement.

I can tell I am in for a long day....

AUTHORS NOTE: YOU LIKE OR NAH??? OK SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN LIKE AGESSSS GUYS! DONT THINK I FORGOT YALL! OK SO FIRST OF ALL I HAD WRITERS BLOCK AND ALL THIS WEEK I HAD TESTS AND BASKETBALL PRACTICE AFTER SCHOOL.  SO THURSDAY IS LITERALLY MY ONLY FREE WEEKDAY for the next  6-7 weeks. SO PLEASE BARE WITH ME.