Chapter 13: Part 1

Chris

"Shut up Chris!" Terrae giggled and playfully punched me in the chest before continuing to hold onto Nolen’s arm for dear life.

I was third wheeling like fuck right now and to be honest, I hated it. I looked around to see if there were any single females at the mall and one girl caught my eye.

"Aye, I’m gonna catch y’all later, I’m ‘bout to holla at that girl over there," I said dapping Nolen up. Terrae grabbed my arm forcefully, stopping me dead in my tracks.

"What about India?"

I sucked my teeth, “India ain’t my fucking girl.”

She shook her head in disbelief but I just shrugged it off and went about my business.

As I was walking over to shawty, I noticed that she looked around. Once she realized that I was coming to approach her, she quickly fixed herself up.

Just as I was about to reach her, I turned to one of the kiosks at the last minute. Through my peripheral vision, I saw that she slightly frowned.

Paying for a cheap necklace, I continued my trek over to her.

"A beautiful girl needs a beautiful necklace." Although she just saw me buy this piece of shit, she blushed and took the necklace as if it was a diamond or something.

"What’s your name, ma?" I asked, taking her free hand and walking alongside of her.

"Raye."

I took my phone out of my pocket and unlocked it, going to the dial screen. “Do you mind giving me your number Raye?”

She grabbed my phone out of my hand with the quickness and entered her digits before handing my phone back to me. I saw she saved it as ‘Raye Bae ❤’ and realized that I had to set a contact picture. I hate having contacts without a contact picture.

"Do you mind if we take a pic?" she nodded and I turned on my front screen camera. Holding the phone up so that both of us could fit in the picture, we both cheesed as I pressed the capture button.

I liked the picture so I pressed save and locked my phone up. Putting it in my pocket, I turned to her.

"So what’s your name?" she asked. She had a really beautiful voice to be honest.

I slightly pulled my chin hair, “Christopher Brown.”

"Why does that name sound familiar?"

"I play basketball," I stated as I rubbed my hands together.

"Oh! That’s where I heard that name. You guys are our rivals."

I furrowed my eyebrows, “You’re the wolves?”

"You’re the wildcats." she replied simply.

I nodded and wanted to change the subject because I was so ready to beat some niggas ass last year. They’re always talking that shit like we don’t beat them EVERY year. Usually I drop like 30 points but I’m not even going to brag.

"Aside from that, what grade are you in?" she asked.

"I’m a senior."

"Really? Me too!"

I licked my lips, “Well then, you must be perfect for me.” I could tell I was finessing this girl when she blushed again.

"Who was that you came here with?"

"Oh, so you was checking me out?" I grinned smugishly.

She giggled, “Something like that.”

"That was my close friend and his girl."