rakshman

After working whole day tirelessly, at last, Lakshman made the cottage for his bhaiya and bhabhi..a huge room- clean and adorned with flowers ....and a small yet  beautiful kitchen for his bhabhi maa.

"Bhabhi, i know how much u love cooking, i have tried my best to make a nice spacious kitchen, i know it's nothing when compared to that of Raj mah.."

Sita cut in.." You are right Lakshman, the two have no comparision...because this one is not just a kitchen but the expression of my devarji's love towards me....there can be no kitchen prettier than this one! It is a happy place for own little family here." She said with a smile.

"Laksh, you have shown us our room and kitchen, but where is your room?? Where will you stay!?" Ram said worriedly 

"Bhaiya...I won't be staying in bhaiya..i will be staying there...(he pointed towards a large rock in front of cottage) you see that rock? I have made arrangements  for myself there only, I will spend my nights there ...guarding the cottage! Lakshman said with a smile on his face.

"What? NO! Giving us comfort , you will be spending your nights out in such extreme conditions..No, Laksh! I am the elder one...it's my responsibility to protect you...no!" Ram said

"It's a servant's duty to give his master all the comforts..."

"Don't ...just don't call yourself that! You are my brother...my little one...my other half..not a servant" Ram looked at other side. "You won't trouble yourself ..and that's final!"

Lakshman smiled ..he was overwhelmed by the amount of love his brother had for him

"Bhaiya...who said ,staying there will trouble me, that i won't be comfortable there huh? You know right, i have always said serving you is the only thing which keeps me satisfied...makes me happy...gives me a sense of accomplishment. Your smile is the only thing i pray for and right now, your safety is my first priority...so let's say it's not for you...it's for me....and can't you help your laksh? So yes, if i sleep at night and some danger knocks..I can't risk my bhaiya's life. So, I have decided, I won't be sleeping for these 14 years"

Sita and Ram were dumdstruck. Sita could not believe her ears. "How could someone be so selfless." was the only thing which struck her. The kind of love the two had was unreal.

Listening to this, Ram's eyes welled up . His heart was filled with sense of gratitude. He moved around to come face to face with Lakshman. He felt choked, "Lakshman..." was the only word that he managed to speak and that was enough .Lakshman hugged Ram and this was the time ram let go of his tears...only Lakshman could do that, only he knew that his brother didn't know how to express his emotions...his eyes do that for him. 

As they broke the hug. 

"When did u grow from Yuvraj Lakshman to this man standing before me, Lakhan?When? For me, you were still my little laksh...who used to laugh carelessly...run until your legs used to ache...who used to cry for listening lullabies at night...who used to tease Manthara....or fight with Bharat for mangoes" Ram smiled remembering these moments

Lakshman started laughing" Fight? No  bhaiya, i used to ride that horse( suddenly realising they were here because of bharat) i mean Maharaj  Bharat.

"Sleep was the thing u loved...I remember , you always slept after me so you used to make me sleep early....(getting serious) and now you are ready to sacrifice it for 14 whole years?"

"Bhaiya..it's you..I can even sacrifice my life for you..this is just sleep. And about how much i love sleep...I loved somebody else lot more than that..whom i have already left..i have abandoned (sad smile) Leave that, Bhaiya! Again you made me emotional.....bhabhi, i m very hungry...is the food ready?"

Sita smiled, " Yes, Laksh...food is ready..come. Come Raghunandan."

Ram was still looking at Lakshman sensing the pain he was hiding behind that smile. And the number of sacrifice his brother had already made for him. Laksh looked at Ram again and blinked his eyes as if saying "Don't worry bhaiya, I am fine..." then he came near and slowly whispered in his ears. 

"Bhaiya.. i can surely sacrifice everything for you..but not food made my bhabhi..so be quick!"

To this, both of them burst out laughing.