Epilogue

EPILOGUE

Cassandra Shan glazed over the ruined architecture of the once glorious Lemuria. Gadeirus and his forces destroyed the city. Total annihilation surrounded the civilization, after the chaos.

She watched its citizens still reeling from the attack allowing her to feel their pain of sadness and hopelessness. At this moment, she did not know what to do. Strong arms from behind embraced her, Sandra smiled while Patrick playfully rested his chin on her head.

"What are you thinking?" He asked, comforting her.

She turned to him. "I just don't know what to say to them. They want someone to give them answers. To give them hope. To lead them. I don't think I can."

Patrick shook her. "Yes, you can. You are Lord Lemur's daughter and the princess monarch of the kingdom. You were born to lead! You can do this!"

"If I take on this role," replied Sandra. "We can never return to our human lives."

"I know," said Patrick. "This is what the Fates decided for us long ago. I wouldn't have it any other way. Besides with all those deaths that Gadeirus caused, we wouldn't be able to go back especially since he framed us for those killings."

"You're right," accepted Sandra. "I guess we're better off being underwater. Patrick, if this is the case would you do something for me?"

"Of course," smiled Patrick. "What is it?"

"Would you help me rule this kingdom?" she asked. "As my king?"

He pulled Sandra close. "I thought you would never ask. It's about time, Aoide."

She placed her arms around him. "I can't think of a better ruler than to help me, Azaeus."

They kissed sealing their union symbolizing a chance of hope not only for themselves but for their people...

Deep in the darkness. She waits enraged.

Gadeirus has not kept his vow and she will torment him for eternity for his failure.

She knows who is responsible.

Neptune's daughter.

She will pay for her interference. One day, vengeance shall be hers when she unleashes chaos upon the world!

All mortals shall fear her then!

She is Tiamat! Earthshaker and Destroyer!

But for now, she must wait.

As she has done for Millennia.

The End?