Chapter 22

Paisley's POV

This past two weeks wasn't the best, I must admit. With the examinations and Julian contemporaneously on my mind; it wasn't settled, but thank goodness, our examinations are finally over so now, I have my full focus on Julian and getting used to life without Kensley.

She and her husband are still on their honeymoon in Rio De Janeiro.

Julian has been on my trail. He's been nagging me while I've been winging and whining him. He hasn't gotten an answer from me yet, although I already have one, I'm not ready to release it to him.

Today's Saturday, and two weeks feels like a century. Julian was here on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and he's coming over today. It's like every time he's around, his eyes are always glued to my body because lately, I've been dressing in a seductive manner; making him want me badly; I also want him too, but I'm resisting.

On Wednesday, at school, I was all over Daniel. Julian was raging with jealousy; almost picked a fight with the poor boy. On that same Wednesday, around ten o'clock in the night, Julian came around, begging me not to forget his proposal and that he's still waiting for an answer.

On Thursday, I pretty much dodged him every time I observed he wanted to ask.

On Friday, He sent Phillip to me and I zealously did the same; dodge.

Now, I think it's enough, He deserves an answer already and besides, I'm dying to be with him. He's going to get his answer today, I really hope the whole shit works out.

At my house...

'So why exactly do you want me to be your girlfriend?'

'Because I like you differently from the way I like other girls'

'Why? ...because you think I'm pretty?'

'No'

'...because you think I'm hot?'

'No'

'...because you think I'm smart?'

'No'

'...because you think I'll be good in bed?'

'No'

'...because we're childhood friends?'

'No'

'Then why?'

'Snow, I like you because you're you'

'That's not believable'

'I know but it's true. I don't even know why I have these feelings for you but I have them and I can't get over them, I don't want to'

'Julian apart from the fact that we've both shared a trustworthy friendship for 'bout, I don't even know how many years now, I know that you have never had a girlfriend before but I also know that you're the biggest flirt in the whole entire world and you know I'm not lying' I stare hard at him and he stares back with distrust.

Eventually he speaks up 'Yes, I know about that but I've changed, Snow I don't do that anymore'

'Julian a leopard does not change its stripes'

'But people change...'

'Julian you.....'

'Snow please listen to me, I'll change okay? I'll stop flirting with girls. I'll stop ogling at girls. I'll change completely if you want me too......'

'Julian that's where the problem is, I don't want you to change who you are because of me. You see, we didn't have to worry about all this when we were just best friends.....'