Twenty Four

They slide into the round booth of a fancy restaurant. The seats are leather over plush, the lights are dim, and they are all wearing too-washed jeans and wrinkly tops.

Louis can feel Harry's knee bouncing beside his, so he places his hand over it, and rubs soothing circles into the fabric of his jeans. "How about tomorrow," he starts once he has leaned into Harry, "we go get a big bottle of body wash and strawberry milk?"

Harry sighs, looking to Louis relieved, "You won't be upset? Because- like-" he cuts himself off and Louis leans in, kissing the silky skin below his jaw.

"No, never. Hotels never give enough, and I kinda wanna scrub the ocean off, you know?" Louis smiles into Harry's curls, "And as far as the strawberry milk goes, you've got me hooked."

(Niall orders a clam chowder bread bowl, Zayn a salmon salad and Liam a lobster, whilst Harry and Louis share a platter of sushi.)

They are all making small chat, waiting for their food to arrive with rumbling tummies. It was either a mediumly expensive dinner for the nights they stay, or one expensive one and the rest all cheap fast food. They chose the latter.

Liam keeps picking at the bowl of peanuts on the table,- which is odd enough, because peanut-buckets usually belong on roadhouse tables- cracking them open and handing them to Zayn, who slips them through his lips. Louis is flicking his cracked shells at Niall, who only flicks his hair in return, and continues to text on his phone.

"Oi, Ni! Who you talking to over there?" Liam finally asks, seeing Louis' frustration at Niall's lack of response to his pestering ways, "is it that one colour-haired chick?" he raises an eyebrow suggestively as he continues to open up peanuts for Zayn.

"Who, Perrie?" Niall says, "she's just my hair-dresser."

"Wait, what?" Zayn starts, "you guys are always going out together."

Niall shakes his head with wide eyes and a straight mouth, and Harry laughs, because he is very familiar with the relationship Niall and Perrie share.

"Well yeah," he drags out like it's common sense, "I help her pick out new clothes. There is a reason she is so hot, and that's me."

Louis sinks in his seat. "Jesus Christ," he utters with his eyes closed.

Niall's phone goes off again and he quickly picks it up, a small smile spreading across his face.

"Okay, who are you texting then?" Harry asks, because Niall tells him and the girls all about the bird's he finds pretty. It's a game really. ("What about her, Ni? She looks proper fit." "Jesy, you know how strongly I fear girls who can walk that fast in heels." "She's quite pretty." "Stop looking at girls who remind you of your twat boyfriend, Harold." "Ooo, look at that one." "Wher- Peerrriieee we're looking for possible wives not dogs! stop be- oh my god, Perrie! I want one!")

"Yeah, you got a secret lover we don't know about?" Liam adds.

Niall presses 'send' with a smirk, looking up and mumbling, "huh?"

"That's it Niall, who is it that's stealing away all your attention?" Zayn pries teasingly, stealing away Niall's phone and passing it to Liam who is in the middle of the round booth.

"Zayn," Niall glares, "It's just Mi, now give me my phone back."

"Mi?" Louis asks, glancing to Harry who shrugs his shoulders.

"Mi, Milo. You know, the guy from earlier. Now give me my phone back," he says it as if it is no big deal.

It is.