Twenty Seven

Niall finds them again. He's in sweats now. Sodding sweats, as if he didn't pack an array of annoyingly american beach clothes. He has a beanie over his mess of hair, and no shirt on. He tries to squeeze in with Liam and Zayn, but they shove him away with an elbow to the ribs and he lands with his face in the sand. He whimpers like a baby, and crawls to Harry and Louis, curling up beside them.

"Look at all that chest hair!" Louis says like a proud mummy, running his hand over Niall's chest, "what a man you're growing up to be!"

"Stop it, you twat."

Louis rolls his eyes. He is still only wearing his pants, even though he is sure his sweats are dry by now, and he is also still playing with Harry's hair, trying to figure out how to french braid Harry's curls. At least Harry appreciates his obviously sentimental touches.

"You alright, Niall?" Harry asks, bumping their knees together and smiling fondly over to him. Louis tugs his hair, motioning to him to keep his head straight ahead.

Niall shrugs, playing with his phone.

"C'mon," Harry insists lightly, "talk to us."

"Milo was supposed to teach me how to suuurrrf today," he drags out childishly, pouting.

Louis tries to hold it in, he does, but then he is laughing and still trying to hold it in by biting his lip, but really, it just isn't working, and Niall glares at him as strange pig-like-noises slip through his lips.

"What?" he says meanly.

"You got stood up," Louis laughs finally.

"It wasn't a date?!" Niall says incredulously.

"Then why are you so bummed over it?" Liam asks from the blanket, and Louis can distinctly hear Zayn whispering to him, 'don't get into it.'

"Cos it's surfing," Niall says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world, "surfing."

"You do got a bit of the surfer look going on," Harry teases. Louis yanks his hair again, not because he is moving his head around, but just because. He thinks maybe Harry is squirming a bit by it, but it could just be his imagination.

"I know," Niall's eyes widen as he sits up from his slouching position, "therefore I need to learn how to surf."

Louis rolls his eyes again, leaning over Harry's head and tugging his hair down so Harry's head tilts upwards. He kisses his lips softly, sighing into his mouth. He thinks he likes Harry's lips just as much upside down as he does right side up.

"Stop iiiit," Niall groans, scooting away from them.

Louis lets out an exaggerated moan, and Niall stands up, "Zayn, Liam?"

Before Liam can give in sympathetically and let Niall come sit with them, Zayn is grabbing his face and forcing his tongue down Liam's throat.

"Screw this, screw you, all of you!" Niall yells dramatically, "'m gonna go find someone to tongue with too." Under his breath, he murmurs, "bunch of homos."

They should feel bad, really, but right now the only thing they are feeling bad about is their association to Niall.

"Hi gorgeous, want to, oh, I don't know, hold my hand?" Niall subtly asks, winking at the brunette. Lovely brunette number 7 just shakes her head 'no,' same creeped out look as the rest before her, before speeding off and rucking her beach bag higher up on her shoulder

And.

"How about you do me a favour," Niall drags out flirtatiously, "and you come lay with me in the sand?"