Eleven

They found yet another motel not too far from where the devils trap was. It was about two miles out, and they got settled in before Sam decided to get something to eat in the cafe area, Jackie going with him. Lily finished drinking a bag of blood when a soft knock was heard. Looking up, the door opened, Dean walking in. Noting the bag in her hand, he shifted his feet.

"Bad time?" He asked.

Lily shrugged. "No." She tossed it out. "Just finished it actually."
She went to the gun, grabbing a cloth, trying to get the rust off of it. "What do you want?"

Dean took a couple steps forward. "What was he like? Samuel?"
Hesitating, she focused a little more on the task. "Like I said, he was my family. Not much else to go on about it."

"Was he a good man?" He asked. "Because from what I read about him, it sounded like he was."

Lily leaned against the counter, trying to bite back more emotions, blowing off some flakes of rust. "He was the best. He always knew what to say when I was upset." Stopping, she looked up at him. "Why're you suddenly interested?"

Dean walked a little closer, standing a few feet away. "A while back...Sammy and I had to go back in time to try and find the colt. It was 1861, and we ran out of time before we could get it. We searched everywhere, but we looked in the wrong spots. But I gotta tell ya, that year was strange."
Lily scoffed, setting the gun down on top of the cloth. "I'm only gonna say this once..." She approached him, her eyes dark, slightly distant. "He didn't want that gun to be found, because he was afraid it would get into the wrong hands. He only used it to kill a phoenix, and maybe three or four demons, but that's it. It was his wish for that damn thing to never be found. So he buried it within the trap so the demons that would want it would never get it." Taking a deep, un-needed shaky breath, she took a step back. "He didn't tell me where it was buried, and I looked for years. I wanted it so fucking badly, even after he gave me his journal.."
She mentally kicked herself for saying that last sentence, quickly turning her attention back to the gun, wiping her eyes, her back to him. "You don't know what it's like to lose someone like that..."

There was a few second pause. "Look..I'm sorry.." Dean began. "I'm sorry that you lost someone close to you. I've had that happen..too many damn times." He folded his arms. "I lost my dad a long time ago..we were hunting the yellow eyed demon, and he killed him to bring me back from a coma. My dad made that deal." He got choked up. "I was so hellbent on revenge, I killed that son of a bitch after spending weeks trying to hunt him down. So yeah, I do know what it feels like."

Lily turned back around, a little bit of sympathy in her gaze. "Sorry you lost your dad that way.."

Dean shook his head, pulling himself together. "That was back then..I just hope we win this fight."

He suddenly locked eyes with hers, feeling like an eternity passed when footsteps were heard, snapping them out of it before Sam and Jackie came back, Sam handing Dean some food.

"Bad timing?" Jackie asked.
"No, it's fine." Lily said, like nothing happened. "We were just talking."

Hiding her slightly blushing face, she continued to clean the colt off.

***

The sky was overcast, a few rain drops here and there. The wind was steady, the branches on the trees swaying as it went through them when it suddenly the sky turned darker, like little tendrils choking out the day.
Thunder boomed throughout the once quiet area, and what looked like thousands of ropes of smoke, came barreling down onto the ground, a figure in the middle of it, but what stood out, were their eyes.

They were yellow.