Chapter 18: Abducting Emily

Elena and Elijah walked up to the Gilbert Household and knocked on the door. Elena only had to knock twice before Emily opened the door and looked shocked, and terrified to see them standing on her doorstep.

"Emily."Elijah and Elena greeted the Mortal Doppelganger coolly in unison.

"Elijah. Elena."Emily said, offering them a polite smile.

"We don't mean to intrude."Elijah said and shared a look with Elena."We were just hoping that you might accompany us."Emily glanced back inside the house."I want to show you and Elena something."He said cryptically.

"Ok, uh, just let me get my coat."Emily said before heading back upstairs, and left the front door open.

"So, what exactly is the plan?"Elena asked, raising an eyebrow up at Elijah. The Vampire didn't say anything, other than taking the young Immortal's hand in his."Ah, smart."Elena mumbled, surprised that Elijah could get inside her head, and he smirked.

~~~~~

Elijah pulled the car to a stop in the forest and the trio got out."Forgot how much I missed this land."Elijah stated, staring ahead, his eyes far away for a moment.

"Can't even imagine what it must have been like a thousand years ago."Emily said as they shut their doors and Elena came over to Elijah's side, looping her arm through his.

"You know, your School was built over an Indian village."Elijah suddenly said and Elena looked up at him, eyes wide.

"Really?"Elena asked, eyes filled with interest as they started walking through the woods.

"Yes."Elijah smiled down at Elena."It's where I saw my first Werewolf."At the mention of Werewolves, Emily grimaced."The town square"Elijah made a small gesture with his free hand."was where the Natives would gather to worship."He looked between the twins."Matter of fact, near that was a"Elijah looked back ahead."there was a field where wild horses used to graze."

"That's incredible."Emily said, amazed.

"More like breathtaking."Elena said wishfully.

"Do you like horses, Lovely?"Elijah asked curiously.

"I do. I would love to ride one."Elena stated, suddenly feeling hopeful.

"Then we shall go horse riding one day."Elijah said and Elena beamed."Come."The trio headed towards the Church Ruins.

"Do you know this place, too?"Emily asked curiously as Elijah and Elena stopped by some rocks, which Elijah placed his hand on said rock.

"I do. Below us is a cavern I used to play in as a boy."Elena inwardly smirked, knowing what was soon to come."Connects to a system of tunnels that stretch across the entire area."He bent down, letting go of Elena's arm, but let his hand trail down her arm and take her hand in his."Perhaps it's Nature's way of providing us with shelter against the savagery of the Full Moon."Elena grimaced at the mention of the Full Moon once more and pulled her hand free to start fidgeting with her Moonlight Ring."My Mother said there must be a Balance."Elijah said with a edge in his voice.

"Elijah, I should probably go home."Emily suddenly said nervously.

"Most of the time, I admire you, Emily."Elijah suddenly said, standing up and took Elena's hand in his to stop her from fidgeting and kissed her on the cheek."You remind me of qualities I valued long before my Mother turned us."He pointed at her with his free hand."It's not in your nature to be deceitful, and yet when I asked you about your meeting with my Mother the other night, you lied to my face."Emily's eyes widened as the two looked at her.

"That's not true."Emily denied his accusation."I told you that all your mother wanted was a new start."

Elena scoffed."Oh, just stop it, Emily!"Elena exclaimed and Emily shut her mouth."We know you're lying. You've always been a bad liar."