Chapter 25: Wedding Day

When Elena woke up the next morning in the Mikaelson Mansion, it was to a killer hangover and the early morning light of the sun's rays on her face. Groaning, Elena grabbed the covers and threw them over her head while snuggling into her pillow.

"Oh no you don't, Elena Alicia Gilbert. Get up!"Liah exclaimed as she ripped the covers off the bed.

"Why?"Elena groaned."And can you keep your voice down, I have a hangover."Elena added, grabbing her pillow and hugged it to her person, only for it to be wrestled out of her grip.

"First, of course you have a hangover."Liah said calmly as Elena sat up, glaring at her."All of us got drunk off our asses last night."The hazel green eyed Immortal walked over to the wardrobe, pulling out a white garment bag."And second off, we agreed that you and Elijah would get married today."

"We did?"Elena asked slowly.

Elena glanced at where Elijah should have been awake beside her, to ask him when that was decided, only to realise he wasn't there and looked startled at not seeing him sitting beside her.

"We did."Liah confirmed."Well, Kol, Rebekah, Caroline, and I did."Liah corrected herself.

"When was this?"Elena asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"When you and Jeremy passed out. Caroline came over to check on us, well, mainly you and Jeremy."Liah shrugged."Anyway, while Elijah was putting you to bed and Klaus was putting Jeremy in a guest room, we decided where you guys would get married."Liah explained."That's a surprise by the way, so don't bother asking."Liah quickly added before Elena could ask."Kol dragged Elijah out of bed before the sun came up and they went who knows where while Jeremy went home and said he'll be at the meeting place this afternoon."Liah walked back over to the bed, placing the garment bag down."Meanwhile, Rebekah's gone to the school to clean up and get Caroline and they'll get ready at Caroline's, or I think Rebekah might take Caroline to a salon."

"What about Klaus?"Elena asked curiously.

Liah sighed in annoyance."He's still sulking but he will be there, after he finishes packing."Liah grumbled, frowning before she smiled brightly."I need to get you ready. So come on, get off the bed."

"Do we really have to do this today? I mean, Alaric died last night..."Elena trailed off, frowning and Liah's eyes narrowed.

"Do you suddenly have cold feet and you're using Alaric's death as an excuse?"Liah asked Elena warily.

"No, no!"Elena exclaimed, shaking her head furiously."It's Jeremy and Caroline. I'm worried that getting married so soon after Alaric's death isn't the best idea."

"Elena, love, it was their idea."Liah said in a soothing voice.

"Really?"Elena asked, surprised.

"Yep."Liah said, popping the p."They think that this will be a good distraction for the day."

"Ok, if you're sure."Elena mumbled and was told to go take a shower.

~~~~~

"Ok, you have a choice. Low heels"Liah lifted up the white low heels in her right hand."or flats."She lifted up the other pair of shoes in her left hand.

"Flats."Elena said without missing a heartbeat.

Liah had already done her makeup, which was smokey eyeshadow, a light blush, and a medium shade of bright red lipstick, and her hair was done up in a Asymmetrical Twisted Updo.

She also had a bridal crown in her hair and was wearing her wedding dress, which was a white chiffon off shoulder, floor length beaded wedding dress. Before Liah could try to convince Elena to wear the low heels, the door burst open.