Chapter 20: Katherine & Spells

It didn't take Elena long to convince Elijah that she'd need Katherine's help, because honestly, Elijah couldn't say no to Elena, even if he tried. He was whipped and he knew it. Plus, he had someone, who was loyal to him without the need for compulsion, keeping an eye on Katherine the moment he had found her.

This was how he knew that Elena had been with Katherine during the summer. So now the couple were on their way to Willoughby, Pennsylvania, a small town that Katherine had been in and had compelled the members of the town.

"Devious."Elena stated after hearing what Katherine had done to the entire township.

"Hmm."Elijah, who was driving, nodded in agreement and glanced at Elena."Are you sure you need-Yes, it states right here that two Petrova's, Witch or not, to do such a complex Spell."Elena cut Elijah off and pointed at where it clearly stated what Elena needed.

Elijah glanced at the Grimoire and her lap and sighed as Elena looked back at him."It's Blood and Generation Magic, Elijah. Blood Magic is dangerous enough on it's own, but Generation Magic? That normally means Father or Mother, and Son or Daughter."Elena stated, pursing her lips."It's risky doing it with Katherine, but at least I trust her more then I can trust Emily."

"And how do we know that Katerina won't use this information for her own gain?"Elijah asked, raising an eyebrow."What if she tells those pesky Salvatore's?"

"Have you forgotten that I have your word and Liah's word that you won't go after Katherine?"Elijah nodded, frowning and wondered where Elena was going with this."Rebekah texted me, telling me that Klaus will grant Katherine her freedom from him, Kol, and Rebekah, if she helps me do this, so obviously she won't risk that offer to tell the Salvatore's and the moment she finds out that we're linked, she'll be pissed off."Elena said knowingly."So why would she risk my life just so that she could see Klaus dead?"

"Fair point."Elijah grumbled, not exactly happy to admit that Katherine did adore and love Elena."There is just no arguing with you about this, is there?"

"Well, if you continue this argument, I can guarantee you that you will be sleeping on the couch."Elena stated in a serious voice, knowing how much Elijah liked cuddling up to her in the middle of the night.

Elijah's eyes widened."And this argument is now over."

Elena smiled."My thoughts exactly."Elena said, giggling.

~~~~~

"Bloody hell!"Kol exclaimed, dodging a lamp that came flying his way and said lamp hit the wall."What's got your panties in such a twist, Liah?"Kol asked, glancing around Liah's study."This place was spotless just hours ago."Kol added, frowning at the state of Liah's study.

He had just managed to clean up Liah's study earlier this morning while she had gone out to meet up with one of the local New York Witches. The twins had headed straight to New York after the whole fiasco in Mystic Falls and were at Liah's Mansion, well Liah's and Kol's Mansion now that he knew about it.

"Klaus."Liah growled out.

"What's Nik done now?"Kol asked while sitting down on what remains of the couch.

"He wants us to go to Denver."Liah growled out.

Kol raised an eyebrow."What's in Denver?"

"Other then Elena's kid Brother, Jeremy? Nothing."Liah said, frowning."There's not a single powerful Witch or Warlock in Denver, as far my contacts say. Not even a hidden Coven."Kol opened his mouth to say something."The last Coven died out nearly fifty something years ago."Liah quickly added, seeing the look on Kol's face.