Chapter 14

As a result, Chu Qiao was treated with even more respect by the others.

In the afternoon, Chu Qiao wore a brand new white cherry apple dress, white camel fur boots and two emerald jade flowers on her head. She looked adorable as she bounced along the lakeside in the backyard. She had just retrieved some agilawood incense from the outer courtyard and as she walked past the bamboo grove, a shadow suddenly appeared in front of her. The person let out a big laugh as he said, “Haha! Finally, I found you!”

The young prince wore a sapphire robe stitched with multi-colored birds and it was an assemblage of colors. He elated waved his whip in front of Chu Qiao, looked at her from head to toe, and said with a smile, “What’s up? Today’s weather is so good, let’s go fowling.”

Chu Qiao raised her eyebrows when she saw the young prince beaming with excitement. She shook her head and said, “I’m not free, I still have things to do, please excuse me.” With that, she turned and left.

“Hey, don’t leave.” The young prince hurriedly ran to block her path by extending his arms and said, “It was not easy for me to find you, and I was waiting here in this garden for the whole afternoon. How about you tell me your name and which court you belong to? I will request Zhuge Huai to let you accompany me, what you do think?”

She raised her eyebrow, turned around and faced him. “You really want me to go with you?”

The young prince solemnly nodded his head and said, “Yes, among all the servants, you are the most pleasing to my eye. Let me designate you as my chief bodyguard. What do you think?”

Chu Qiao smiled and nodded. “Okay then, I will tell you my name. But whether you are able to request me from my master, we’ll see.”

“Rest assured!” He tapped his chest and proclaimed, “Even if I requested ten, Zhuge Huai still has to listen to me, let alone I am only asking for just you.”

“Okay, listen carefully, I’m name is ‘None’ and I belong to the ‘Exist’ court. I’m under lady ‘Tricks’, and what I do is knead clay figurines for the masters and ladies to play with so that they would have fun. You must remember.”

The young master’s eyes shone brightly and he said, “You know how to knead clay figurines?”

“Yes.” Chu Qiao held in her laughter and seeing that this kid was adorable, she tiptoed and extended her arm to gently pinch him on his cheek. She smiled and said, “I have many abilities and will let you see them first-hand in the future. I still have thores to run and I need to leave now. Remember to talk to my First Young Master.”

“Don’t worry, I will.” The young prince nodded and grinned. “You better go back and pack first. I will pick you up in a short while.”

Chu Qiao walked forward for quite a while and when she turned her head, the young prince was still standing on a boulder, enthusiastically waving his hand. Chu Qiao held back her smile and walked through the bamboo grove, holding her agilawood incense as she headed towards Qing Shan court.

“Named ‘None’, court ‘Exist’, servant of lady ‘Tricks’ and skilled in kneading clay figurines and have fun. How on earth did you come up with these?” A distinctly male voice suddenly rang out. Chu Qiao was taken by surprise and raised her head to see Yan Xun in a teal-colored light robe, sitting on the branch of a pine tree, smiling as he gazed at her.

Chu Qiao had already revealed her true self in front of him a few times and didn’t find the need to hide anymore. She coldly glanced at him and angrily chided, “You climbed so high, aren’t you afraid of falling to your death?”

“That should not be your concern. You are a wicked little kid, you should be more worried about yourself. The dark clouds are gathering, you can’t be sure that there will not be thunderstorms during winter and that those who are guilty of wrongdoings will be struck.”