Chapter 24

"It's okay." Chu Qiao said with a mild smile, "I'll be fine after some rest."

"Oh." Huan'er nodded and left the room. As soon as the door closed, the face of the child instantly changed. She thought to herself, even such a scandal is not enough to get rid of Zhu Shun? Alright, I will end him with my own hands then.

Chu Qiao bit her lips slowly, while sitting on her chair. It seemed like she would have to come up with brand new plans now.

The doors of steward Zhu Shun's courtyard were closed shut, but the sounds of a man screaming like a pig-slaughter could still be heard in the distance. Peasants passing by walked with their heads down. No one dared to take a look at what was happening, but their gloating expressions still beamed on their faces-seeing Zhu Shun suffer made them even happier than getting their salary at year end.

As he lied on the bed butt-naked, Zhu Shun wailed and howled, constantly yelling at the servants who were applying the medicines on him, as if they were the ones who caused the pain. "Screw you! You want to hurt me to death?"

Face covered in sweat, one of the servants said carefully, "Steward Zhu, you have to endure this. Your skin is sticking to the pants, we have to tear them apart!"

The east side of the room was along the water with a few sparse shrubs around. A sharp dagger sliced along the edges of the window. Nudging open the window latch quietly as Zhu Shun screamed, Chu Qiao stood up slowly while holding a self-made foldable crossbow, aiming the arrow at the Zhu shun's head. The crossbow originated from a local forest tribe in South Africa, with intricate designs. It was able to be dismantled, folded and capable of stealthily firing at close range with great accuracy.

Using this crossbow, Chu Qiao once sneaked into a highly-secured private party, taking out the target during an undercover mission overseas. This crossbow was easy to carry but at the same time very lethal, such that a skilled hunter could kill a fully-grown tiger using it. In the cold weapon era, this weapon was very suited for assassins, almost as if they were custom-designed for them. Zhu Shun was very lucky to be the first to die under this cross-spacetime superweapon.

At this moment, a man ran into the room frantically, yelling, "Steward Zhu, steward Zhu!"

"What are you crying about?" Zhu Shun screamed, "You think this is a funeral? I am not dead yet!"

The servant frantically said, "Steward Zhu, sir, people from the other courtyard are here. The Second Grand Master sent someone asking why the female slave hasn't been delivered yet as promised?"

Stumbling, Zhu Shun shot up, forgetting about his wounded butt. He laid back on the bed again, howling and wailing in pain. Amidst the screams, he said, "I'm afraid that the girl slave I promised will not make do. The fourth young master will not release her. I have prepared ten newly bought slaves in the Xi Le hall. Get someone to bring them out."

"Yes sir, I understand," the man answered, turning around and running.

Zhu Shun yelled, "Remember to let the Second Grand Master know that I am very sick. I will visit him when I've recovered."

The crossbow outside the window was lowered slowly. Chu Qiao looked around, coming up with another idea.

Maybe there was another way to kill this man without staining her hands with blood.

As Xi Lei hall's dungeon doors opened, an unbearable fouled smell escaped. The man sent by secondary household frowned and said with his nose covered, "What is this? You think that girls of such standard can be offered to the grand master?"

The servant from before immediately responded respectfully, "Slaves have not been so easy to buy recently. Once the dealers hear that it's for the Zhuge household, the prices are raised significantly. These few were brought after much effort from my boss. There's nothing for you to worry about. When they are all cleaned up, I'm sure they are all young beauties. The Grand Master will sure to be elated once he sees them!"