Chapter 22

"Sister Yue'er." Xiaoba was just about to call out but Chu Qiao hurriedly covered her mouth.

The little girl had bright eyes and was looking around. She took out the embroidered bag she was holding and put it in Xiaoba's hands while saying quietly, "Xiaoba, there is not much time left. Let's cut to the chase. If I have not come to find you by dinner time tomorrow, you must run away from the back door of the horse shed where all the horse food is kept. I will find a way to distract the guard to leave his post tomorrow. The door will be unguarded for two hours before dinner. Here is some money and a fake identity certificate. Hold it with you and leave the city. Don't wait for me."

"Sister Yue'er?" Xiaoba immediately held onto Chu Qiao's hand and said, "What are you planning to do? Are you going to get revenge? Xiaoba also wants to help you. I can't leave alone."

"Listen and be a good girl." Chu Qiao patted her head and said, "There are only two of us left in the Jing family. I'm the older sister so you need to listen to me. As long as there is someone left, the Jing family will survive. If something happens to me, you can still help me get revenge."

"But Sister Yue'er..."

"Xiaoba, listen to me. When you leave the city, head north. When you reach the San Yi city located at the border of Xia and Tang empire, wait for me for three days. If I still do not arrive after three day, you should leave by yourself. You don't have to worry, this is just the back up plan. Once I get out, I will definitely catch up with you."

With reddened eyes, Xiaoba pursed her lips tightly and suddenly held out her hands to wrap them around Chu Qiao's waist. She said while choking on her tears, "I know Sister Yue'er always can resolve any problem. Nothing bad will happen to you."

Chu Qiao hugged her shoulders, smiled and said, "Don't worry. We will soon leave this place. In the future, there won't be people trying to hurt us."

The moon was shaped like a crescent in the cold, winter weather. The wind blew against the snow, creating a very dull atmosphere.

On the second day, Chu Qiao woke up early as usual and went to Zhuge Yue's room to serve. However, she was told that the fourth young master went out early in the morning and was no longer in the residence.

Chu Qiao thought to herself, Even the gods are helping me. She turned around and walked in the direction of the main courtyard. Just as she walked to the Green pavilion, she was stopped by Zhuge Yue's personal guard Yue Qi. The guard, who was less than fifteen years old, stared at her with a cold expression and said word by word, "The young master commanded that Xing'er is not allowed to pass through the gate."

Chu Qiao was stunned and was not sure what Zhuge Yue was up to. She lifted her head and said with a cute smile on her face, "Big brother, I'm not leaving the courtyard. I just wanted to go to the kitchen to check if the new tea leaves that were delivered yesterday are fresh." Right after, she turned and started walking towards the kitchen.

A little while later, Huan'er came out from the kitchen. Yue Qi frowned and asked with a confused look on his face, "Where is Xing'er?"

"Picking tea inside the kitchen with the group."

Yue Qi frowned again, "With her status now, why does she need to do this kind of work?"

"Huh? Do you think Xing'er is as snobbish as Jin Zhu and Jin Cai?" The maidservant raised her eyebrows and looked at Yue Qi with disdain. She directly expressed her displeasure, "You are snobby!"

The white clouds were floating in the sky, what a beautiful day!

Chu Qiao found a random excuse to leave Qing Shan court. She was scared to be seen by others and chose to leave using the most hidden path. Just as she walked to the plum woods, a shadow suddenly appeared. She was shocked and saw that it was actually a teenage, with bright eyes and good features. He looked very familiar.