✖️Home✖️

✖️Lexi-Anne's View;✖️

➰Two weeks later➰

Today Carl and Lori would come home. Me, Rick, Judy, and Carol lived here. Maggie let us have the farm. Maggie, Glenn and baby Rhee lived in the city.

I got my white tank top on and my ripped jeans on. Clothing wasn't the main thing the government was worried about. Maybe in a month or so they'd get that set up.

A knock sounded on my door, "Carl and Lori will be here soon." Rick told me, and I noticed he shaved his face.

"Alright, I just need to do a few more things." I told him, walking towards the mirror.

My face had a scar under my right eye, I had a cast around my ackle. Acne was starting to form on my face. It was on my forehead on the right.

I got my boots and slipped them on, walking out the room I grabbed an apple. The apple was moist and chewy.

"There here!" Rick yelled at me from the front bathroom.

I sprinted to the front door and saw two cars pull up. One was a truck and I saw a disformed person. That must've been Lori. Carl was in a cheap beat-down car.

Rick walked over to Lori and hugged her, they both were in tears. Carl didn't bother with his Mother, he came right to me.

"I love you." He gasped out pulling me into a tight hug.

"Are you okay?" I asked, touching his cheek. His old scar was fading away.

"I'm fine, I don't want to lose you again." He said hugging me again, in tears.

I wanted to cry, but it made me look weak.

"You won't, it's back to normal. No worries." I said, hugging him, playing with his loose strand of dirty hair.

"We've scheduled an appointment with Dr. Colin's in two weeks, they'll get her body back to its normal shape." The guy with Lori said.

Me and Carl made our way to his mother. Her stomach was disformed and her face was pale.

"She's dehydrated, once she gets some fluids in her system, her normal color should be back." The guy said, he was wearing a dirty white shirt and ripped baggy jeans.

"Thank you." Rick said, holding Lori's hand.

"By the way I'm Jack. If you need anything just call me." Jack said handing Rick a card.

"We don't exactly have phones yet." Rick said, taking the card.

"I'll call the company to come over later. It's just cheap flip phones for now. We might have smart phones in a year or so." Jack told us, then walked off to his truck waving us goodbye.

"Your son is a special man." The old guy stepped in our area. He's the one who drove Carl here.

"And who's this pretty lady?" He asked, looking at me.

"I'm Lexi-Anne." I told him, awkwardly.

"Lexi is Carl's girlfriend." Rick said to Lori and the guy.

"That's wonderful! By the way I'm Pette Harvard. I own a farm just down the road." He informed us, "I'm volunteering at the hospital."

"That's a very nice thing to do." Rick told him, with a slight smile.

"Well I should get going," He said, and walked to his car, waving goodbye.

"I'm Lori, Carl's Mother." Lori told me, putting her hand out to shake.

I shook her hand, and smiled.
"I'm glad your alive."

"Well, so am I. I missed my boys." Lori said, ruffling with Carl's hair.

"We should get you a haircut." Rick smirked at Carl.

"I'd love that." Carl smiled, cheerfully.

"We got someone for you to meet." I told her, with a slight smirk.

"Your daughter, Judith is four now." Rick said as we all walked into the house.

Judy was upstairs playing with her Barbie dolls.

"Judith, I'm Lori. Your mom." Lori said in tears, leaning down to see her.

"Momma?" Judy asked, going right to her, hugging her.

"I'm not leaving anymore, I promise."