Chapter 11

Emily's Point Of View 

BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Ugh," I grumbled, sitting up in my bed to face Echo. "Good morning to you too."

He was sitting on the edge of my bed, bouncing up and down.

"You're excited aren't you this morning?" I noticed him holding a bright blue post-it-note in his beak. Grabbing it, I realized it was the note with my number on it. 

"Where did you find this?"

He just spread his wings and flew to his swing in the corner of the room.

Getting out of bed, I threw on a sweatshirt and stuffed the paper in the pocket.

Right as I exited my room into the living room I was slapped in the face with the realization that my three new friends were leaving today.

Adam, Jack, and Ryan all had there bags ready to go and were sitting on the couches.

"Oh, good morning." I rubbed my tired eyes.

They greeted me back with "Mornin'", a smile, and a small wave.

I checked the clock. 8 am.

"What time are you guys leaving again? And are you sure you don't need a ride to the airport?"

Jack looked up at me. "Our flight is at 11, so we should probably leave within the next 30 minutes to get everything done in time."

I silently nodded my head. Thirty minutes. Thirty minutes for Ryan to ask me for my number. If he hasn't asked by now, he probably won't ask. I should just give him my number. No, that's weird. I could give them my number but maybe they don't text. Maybe if they wanted to get a hold of me they prefer to DM on Instagram. Or maybe they actually don't like me and are trying to be polite. Why am I finding it so hard to just give any of them my number? I could literally just give them the paper and say 'in case you need anything'.

"I'm going to be sad to see you guys go. It was nice having some actual sane people in my apartment." I slowly sat down in the chair across from them, curling my legs up with me.

It was quiet. A peaceful quiet. I felt like I could see all of our thoughts in a cloud above our heads.

Ryan opened his mouth. "You know-"

"We are back!" 

The apartment door slammed open to reveal some familiar voices. As I suspected, Rya and Keeley walked out of the kitchen and spotted us. 

I abruptly stood up. "Oh, hey guys, I thought you guys weren't coming back until tomorrow?" I started fiddling with my pocket. 

"Okay, first of all, we got kicked out of the lake house because Lucas's parents came back early, and were mad at us for having a sick time." Rya answered slurring her words.

"Are you guys drunk? It's 8 am." I asked, nervously looking back at the boys to see their reactions. They just seemed kind of shocked.

Keeley stumbled next to Rya. "No, we ain't drunk. We are wasted." She giggled. 
"It's been a looooong night. I don't think we've slept. Also, I know you said you had guests over, but what the hell, you didn't tell us they were smokin'!" She started to trip over to the guys, clearly out of her mind.

"Keeley," I said, pulling her back, "I think you need to get some sleep. Why don't you go lie down."

"Only if one of these cuties come with!" Rya squealed. 

I gagged. Not only from the way they were acting, but from the awful stench of alcohol they were giving off. Pushing the two zombies off, I grabbed the boys and starting pulling them up and out the door. They were trying to grab their bags and luckily they already had shoes on.