Chapter 22

Warning: Slightly mature content including drinking

Ryan's Point Of View

"Millie, are you almost ready to go?" I heard Jack ask from the kitchen. We were all about to leave to meet up with Alba, Em, and Adam at a bar. I watched as Emily walked out of her room, wearing black ripped jeans, a grey shirt, and a brown leather jacket.

"Yep," she replied. "Wow, it's been forever since I've gone out on a Friday night," she chuckled, walking over to the couch to grab her purse. 

"I'm glad you're coming tonight Emily," Jack politely smiled. 

Jack opened the door and I followed him out, turning around to see Emily. 

"Oh, wait, I need to say bye to Echo." She quickly turned and disappeared behind the corner.

Jack took this opportunity to question me.

"So why did you invite her this time but not last?" he whispered, poking my side.

I just shrugged as Emily made her way back out the door.

"Sorry, now I'm ready." she shook her head.

"Let's go!" I cheered, leading the pack down the hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We finally made it to the bar and quickly found our group waiting for us.

Pushing passed various sweaty bodies, we found ourselves at our table. We all hugged each other and sat down.

Adam was sitting next to Em, Jack was sitting next to Alba, and I was sitting next to Millie. I couldn't help but sneak a glance at her.

"Hey Emily! Good to see you again. How are you liking New York?" Adam smiled.

"Hey! It's nice to see you too! New York is great, I'm loving it here. How are you?" Emily replied, adjusting herself in her seat.

"I'm well,"

Emily- sorry, Millie, shifted her focus over to Em.

"You must be the beautiful Emily I hear so much about," she gave a warm smile.

Em gave a bright smile back. "And the same to you! Your name is beautiful."

Jack interrupted the little compliment war. "So we have devised a way to differentiate the two Emily's," Jack grinned at Adam and Alba. "This Emily will be referred to as Em," he said, pointing to Adam's girlfriend. "And this Emily will be referred to as Millie."

"Fantastic," Alba joked.

"Let's get our drink on!" Jack cheered, looking around for the bar. Adam stood up with Jack, and so did I. "What can we get you ladies?"

"Daiquiri,"

"Margarita please,"

"Just a water," Millie shrugged.

"Just water? Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's fine," she gave me a reassuring smile. "I don't drink often anyways. And we need a designated driver," she laughed.

"I can respect responsibility," Jack joked, leading Adam and I to the bar.

~~~~~~~~~

Emily's Point Of View

I watched as the three brothers walked away, and turned my attention to the ladies. I felt a little weird since they've known each other for so long, but they were trying to be inclusive. We chatted and laughed for a while, until Em directed a question at me.