Chapter 3

Emily's Point of View

"Follow me," he smirked. 

I narrowed my eyes at him. Curiously, I put down my tea, and got up. Before I could blink he was standing in front of me while gently grabbing my hand, pulling me with him.

"Where are we going?" I giggled.

"You'll see," he laughed, continuing to lead the way. Finally we made it to a door.

"Gasp," I teased, "A door?"

He rolled his eyes at me. "Yes, a door. But inside of it-" he opened the door to reveal the wardrobe room. "-Is even better." 

My jaw dropped open. "How didn't I think of this?"

"Some minds are just greater than others." He shrugged, a sly smile growing. "After you m'lady."

I curtsied. "Thank you noble man."

I walked into the room of hangers. It was nothing special but it was something I could wear. And honestly, these wet jeans are really starting to annoy me so I'll wear almost anything to get away from these.

"Oh," Ryan chimed, looking through the racks, "It's all guys clothes."

I couldn't help but laugh. "I should've known."

Ryan turned to me and handed me a small pair of black jeans and a striped red black and white sweater that looked just like the one he was wearing, but dry. "Try this on."

"You have two of those?" I gave a goofy grin.

"Yeah, they bought multiple in case one was damaged."

He extended his arm further to me, offering for me to take it.

I stared at it smiling for a moment. "Why not," I joked as I grabbed the sweater.

"Yes!" He cheered. 

I looked around and saw a bathroom door in the corner. 

"I'll be right back," I patted him on the back as I passed him. Before I shut the door I peeked to see if he was still watching me. I think he was. I shut the door and started to undress as I heard another door open.

"There you are," I heard Jack's voice, "why are you in here?" 

Ryan stammered, "Uh, Emily needed the bathroom. Anyways, what's taking so long? Are we done for today, are we coming back later, or are we just pushing through?"

"Who's- never mind. Ron hasn't fully decided yet but he got a hold of the location manager and they are currently working on the contract, and seeing if we can get another day. If all goes well we should be able to go home soon. Well, back to the hotel at least."

"Yeah.." Ryan trailed off.

"Hang in there bud." Jack patted his shoulder before leaving.

I thought I heard the door shut but I wasn't sure. I was dressed and ready to go out but I didn't want to accidentally go out while Jack was still there. I put my ear against the door for any indicator that someone else was in the room. Then there was a tap on the door from the other side.

"All clear," Ryan whispered.

He backed up as I exited, wearing the over sized sweater and slightly baggy jeans. 

"So?" I laughed, spinning as if I were a model. My still damp hair stuck to my shoulders.

He was beaming. "I like it." 

I lifted up my arms to show the sleeves going way passed my hands.

"Maybe it's just me," I giggled, "but I think it's a tad big."

"Just a tad." Ryan smiled.

My smile quickly melted. "If we are leaving soon I should probably take this off right?" 

"Nah, you can just return it tomorrow. No one will notice, or care." he shook his head.

"Perfect."

I grabbed my soggy clothes and wrapped my towel around me, hoping it would distract from the clothes. 

Right as we left the room we came face to face with Jack. 

"Ryan, hey- wait, are you Emily?" Jacks eyes widened. 

Damn he noticed the clothes.

"Uh, yes?" I questioned, hoping he wasn't going to get mad.

He quickly embraced me. I was shocked to say the least. That was the opposite of what I was expecting. He really likes this sweater.

"Thank you," his head was in the crook of my neck.

Ohhhhh

"It's no problem, really. I'm just glad he's ok." I smiled, hugging him back.

He let go and stepped back a bit.

"Right," Jack continued, "we got another day at this house, so we can head back to the hotel."

Ryan took out his phone and glanced at it. "It's only 12:50. What are we going to do for the rest of the day?" 

"It's LA, I'm sure we will find something." Jack shrugged.

"I've lived here for 2 years now, so I could probably recommend some places you should visit." I looked between the brothers, trying to figure out what they were thinking.

"Sounds good to me," Jack nodded, and lightly punched Ryan in the shoulder. "Get ready to leave Ry," he turned to me. "Can't wait to see you tomorrow." His smile was contagious. 

"Yup," I simply replied. Jack walked off.

When is Ryan going to ask for my number? I'm not asking. Or am I reading the signals wrong. Are there no signals?

Ryan looked at me. 

"I have to go get changed into my spare clothes. Will you still be here in a couple minutes?"

"Probably," I replied, playing with the sweater sleeves, "but I'm not sure. Alec agreed to give me a ride home, so unless he manages to get everything together faster than me, yes."

Ryan looked as if he wanted to say something, but hesitated. Instead, he just smiled.

"I'll be back." 

He rushed off around the corner. 

I should probably go find Alec.

I wandered around the house for a while, not seeing any sign of him. I was about to check the kitchen when I came face to face with Ron. 

"Oh-" I stammered as we almost bumped into each other. 

"Emily, just the person I wanted to see." I could see stress marks on his forehead.

I was shocked. Me? He wanted to see ME?

"Listen," he started, "great job out there. We are still working out what went wrong and who's responsible, but we sure are glad you were there." He smiled. 

"Of course sir. Is there anything that needs to be packed up before I go?" I tried to keep a straight face. 

"No, I think we are good. No point in packing up if we are just picking back up tomorrow. Have a good rest of the day." He gave a quick smile and ran off somewhere. 

Well that just happened. I'm fine. I'm cool. I don't care.

A bit dazed I just stood there for a moment, until I snapped back to reality. Completely forgetting I was searching for Alec, I made my way back to the hang out room, where I had left some stuff. I walked in and was pleasantly surprised that Ryan was there, now in dry clothes. He saw the weird expression on my face.

"What's up?"