Chapter 34

Sorry I've been gone for a month, I'd recommend re-reading the last chapter for a refresher :)

Ryan's Point of View

Six hours ago, I was in New York, trying to figure out a plan on how to get Emily back. Step one was to find her. And that's really all I had. 

It was a surprisingly gloomy day in California, gray clouds threatening to pour.

I had just gotten off the plane, and the only place I knew to look was her old apartment. Miraculously, I found it with minimal trouble. I wasn't completely sure which floor she lived on, but I knew she was at the end of the hall.

"I hope this is the right floor," I muttered to myself, walking the final distance of the hall.

I held my breath and knocked on the door. A female voice shouted before a familiar face opened the door. One of Emily's old roommates. 

"Can I help you?" A tall, pale girl stood in front of me, a red waterfall of waves bouncing off her shoulders.

"My name's Ryan. Is there any chance Emily is here?"

She raised an eyebrow. "I'm sorry, you're looking for Emily Wildes?"

"Yeah."

"No, she moved a while ago. Should I recognize you?"

Damn it. If she's not here, I have no idea where she could be. What if she's not even in LA?

"Probably not, we met once a couple months ago."

She nodded.

"Well, I'm kind of looking for her. I think she's staying in LA but I don't know where."

"Can't really help you. She might be at a hotel." the red head shrugged.

That's really helpful.

Right as she looked like she was about to shut the door, a much shorter girl appeared. She had a  darker complexion, and her chocolate hair was shoulder-length.

"Keeley, I can't find my jeans- wait, who's this?"

"Some guy named Ryan. Says he's looking for Emily." 

"Emily Wildes?"

Jeez, this is going to be the exact same conversation.

"Yes," I confirmed. "Do you have any idea of where she would stay in LA?"

"I don't know, probably a hotel or something. Or a friend's apartment."

"Oh yeah, like that one Alec dude! He's such a hottie, I can't believe they didn't end up together." Keeley spoke to the other girl. It was almost as if I wasn't even there.

"Right, Alec! The guy with the abs and the black hair, right?"

"Uh, yeah Alec. Do you know where he lives?" I tried interrupting before they could continue ogling over the guy.

"I think in LA." The red head spoke.

Once again, not helpful.

"I probably have it written down somewhere. If you give me a second, I can find the book." 

The short girl quickly wandered off, leaving me with Keeley.

"Good thinking, Rya!" Keeley called. She brought her attention back to me, observing me.

"So, why are you looking for Emily?" she flipped her hair back, out of her way.

For a moment I was wondering if this was even worth it. But I managed to keep my mind on the goal of finding Emily. And at the very least, make sure she's safe and doesn't do anything stupid.