sixteen | strawberry

All of the dolls received news that a celebration was in store at the Rebel house in honor of Zane's decision to officially return back to Rebel Room.

So, naturally, Ivy was pissed. Pissed that he hadn't told her about the decision. Pissed that she had to paint a smile onto her face. And pissed that they weren't on speaking terms.

Zane didn't know any of this. He actually didn't know anything at all since the party was a surprise celebration that featured the adult entertainment press and some notable figures that decided to make an appearance. The entire thing was more of a publicity measure for Rebel since Victor knew they'd taken a hit since Dax's departure.

"Why do you think he decided to stay?" Winter asked Ivy as they stood in the dim living room awaiting Zane's arrival.

"Because he can't get enough of my pussy." Ivy scoffed then tilted her head. "Is that a sufficient reason?"

Winter smiled slowly, "It is." She nodded then walked away.

It wasn't a sufficient reason though because it wasn't true. Zane was a clear veteran in this field and wouldn't waiver based on something he received every other day. Most importantly, if he wanted sex from her, he could've gotten it fairly easily because he was who he was.

"He's here!" Someone announced as the lights shut off completely and a car crawled up the driveway.

In minutes, Zane and Victor's silhouettes appeared through the doorway of the den and Victor motioned him closer to the large crowd.

"Why is it so dark?" Zane asked, flicking on the lights.

"Welcome back again Zane!" Everyone in the room said in somewhat unison while he staggered back in surprise.

"Seriously?" He looked at Victor who nodded and patted him on the back before stepping toward the crowd and turning to face Zane.

"Zane, we know this job was only supposed to be temporary until we found a new member to take Dax's place. However, the fans love you so I'm glad you took up my offer to officially return to Rebel Room. I know you didn't want this to be a big deal but," Victor spread his arms out, "Rebel is already a big deal so we're all excited to welcome you back to the house and business."

Zane grinned as his eyes scanned the room. It was truly a big moment for him considering how he'd left the house with little notice so long ago. Even Ivy was surprised that he'd decided to stay at Rebel since he had far less restrictions in Florida.

"I really appreciate this. Thanks everyone." He touched his heart to show gratitude as music started to play and guests swarmed the center table and open bar to inhale catered food and free cocktails.

Ivy could not stand the energy of the room and would've left if Hodges wasn't across the room. In fact, the only person more miserable than her right now was Hodges. The only difference was that he knew how to mask it, especially in front of the press.

She couldn't mask her mood. She didn't even want to go up and tell him how happy she was because he wouldn't receive it. So what could she do?

Ivy walked over to the bar set up, grabbed a napkin, then reached over the bar to snatch a pen from the bartender's apron while he was focused elsewhere. As she started to scribble her thoughts down she tried to be as coherent as possible. It would be easy to do this drive-by style so that it would be a clean, painless break.