02 New Home*

As I run past the man I feel his arms take hold of me, pinning me to him, as he picks me up.

"Let go of me! My father will kill you!" I scream. I kick at him but he holds me tightly. "He's the Alpha!"

The man kneels and I feel my feet touch earth. He continues to hold me tight. Eventually, he loosens his grip not enough to free me just enough that he can look me in the eye.

"Your father is gone." The man tells me.

"No!" I yell at him. I swing as hard as I can, punching the man in the chest. "I don't believe you!" I didn't see Daddy, but he is a strong wolf! An Alpha! No way he is dead!

I feel the tears run down my face as I look around. Fire, rubble, and death... everyone is gone. I fall into the man sobbing. I can't fight anymore. My pack is dead. The man picks me up again carrying me to his car.

"What's your name, little guy?" He asks. I have a hard time making words through my tears.

"B... Bray... Brayden." I stammer, gripping his shirt.

"Hello, Brayden... I'm Alpha Aaron... I'm gonna take care of you." He says.

I just cry. I can't say anything. He tries to put me in the back seat of his car but I pull myself up so my arms are around his neck.

"No! Don't leave me! Please Alpha!" I don't know why... maybe because he is Alpha... or because he promised to care for me but I trust him. I'm scared. He can't leave me alone. What if they come back?

"Shhhh buddy... you're gonna be okay. I won't let anyone hurt you." He hugs me patting my back.

"Don't leave me!" I beg, holding him tightly.

"Ok. Ok... I won't leave you... I have more to do here though. Can you walk on your own Bray?" I nod, and he sets me down. I grip his hand tightly. "Gather the elders and the adults." He says to the other man. We walk to the field on the south end of our land. A few of the adults were gathered. I recognize them, but the only one I know by name is Mr. Richard.

"Evening." The Alpha says to the group. "I would like to discuss the future of your pack." I am hidden behind him. He pulls me in front of him with his hands on my shoulders. I hear my pack gasp when they see me.

"Brayden! Come here, boy!" Mr. Richard calls. I look up to the Alpha. He may be an elder in my pack but the Alpha is now the ranking wolf. "Now boy!" His tone scars me and I subconsciously back into the Alpha. He squats down to eye level with me.

"Go ahead Brayden.. they want to make sure you're ok." The Alpha says.

"But you said you won't leave me! You'd take care of me! Please Alpha!" I'm drawn to him. Probably because he's Alpha. Daddy said the pups are drawn to him because he is.. was Alpha.

The Alpha sighs and stands up.

"You have three options. One, you move south and join my pack." I see the adults are not fond of that option. A few of them even growl. "Two, I can leave you to fend for yourselves. Without an Alpha, you will become Rogue. Or I can send a few of my pack to protect you and help you rebuild. I will protect your pack until Brayden comes of age. I will raise him and teach him to be a strong Alpha. When he turns twenty I will return him to you, as your Alpha."

"Why would you do that? No Alpha takes in another Alphas pup! How do we know you won't just kill him so he can't challenge your pups?" One of them asks.

"I have no mate... no pups... he will be returned to you before that becomes an issue. If I wanted to kill the boy I would have by now. It is your choice but I won't leave him to die with you should you refuse my help." The Alpha says.