Chapter 8

"What about this " Claire asked holding up a skintight pale pink dress then other side of the shop we were inside. "Um no " I laughed in disgust at her choice. We had been shopping for an hour now and we still hadn't found a dress for me tonight. At this rate I will have to go in my skinny Jeans. I traced around the shop until I immediately fell in love with one hung up in front of me. It was stunning."Oh wow you should try that on its to die for." Claire smiled noticing me glancing at it."You know what I will." I laughed happily.I quickly reached for a size 8 and ran to the changing rooms.

Claire stood outside waiting patiently. I stepped into the black dress and did it up. As I looked in to the full length mirror in the changing rooms I knew this dress was defiantly the one. It was a lacy black bodycon dress outlining my hips perfectly. The sleeves were 3/4 length which I adored. However my favorite part of the dress was the cut out back . I can honestly say I have never felt more beautiful than I have today. My thoughts were interrupted as I heard Claire say " Please show me I'm dying of boredom right now Jadeeee" making me laugh. I pulled the changing room curtain across to reveal myself to Claire. Claire's eyes practically popped out of her head she sat there saying nothing just in totally shock. "What do you think, you like ?" I giggled as I turned around showing her every detail of the dress. "No I love it you look perfect Ed wont be able to keep his eyes of you I mean I cant even stop staring at you and Im not even a lesbian" Claire spoke causing us to both laugh.  

I returned to the dressing room sadly having to take off the dress at least I get to wear it tonight. "Underwear !" I heard Claire exclaim. I quickly threw my clothes on and returned to Claire with my dress in hand. "You need to get some sexy underwear" She continued. So with that I quickly went to the till of the shop and paid for my dress for tonight's date. 

Claire pulled me out of the shop pulling my arm dragging me to Victoria's secret. We stumbled into the store immediately making me feel out of place. "Jade you're 17 nearly 18 stop blushing you shouldn't be embarrassed" Claire whispered as we began looking around the underwear. Her words eased me until a woman came up to us " Do you need any help finding something?" She quizzed sweetly. I didn't really know what I wanted so I just stood there frozen awkwardly."We're looking for some underwear for Jade to surprise her boyfriend tonight preferably black and lacy to match her dress she just bought " Claire lied to the woman. As Ed is not my boyfriend to be honest I dont know what we are. "Ahh I see " She smiled assisting us towards a black lacy bra and thong. The woman who's badge read 'June' picked them up. "Men tend to find these quite appealing" She spoke softly making me blush. "However I will let you look around and see what else you like I will be over their if you need anymore assistance " She smiled motioning to the other end of the store. I pondered at the underwear They're really nice they will defiantly get Eds heart racing. However I wasn't sure about the thong as Ive never had a pair in my life looks too painful.  "Oh my gosh Jade just buy them you obviously like them" Claire laughed. Within an instant I choose my size in bra and thong and made my way to the counter. What the hell it might be uncomfy but at least I will look good. I paid for my things in a bit of shock as they had set me back £146.34. No wonder Victoria's secret makes so much money they charge a fortune. I'm so glad I saved up from all the jobs I've had over the summer.

Me and Claire walked to Starbucks needing a quick boost of sugar. " Could I have two venti caramel frappuccino's please and a slice of carrot cake thank you" I smiled to the guy behind the counter."course you can princess" He winked. I waited the other side patiently for mine and Claire's beverages. They came quickly as I got our things balancing them awkwardly I noticed a phone number on the napkin beneath the carrot cake. I set the things down on  the table Claire was sat around. "Thanks Hun, I see you've got yet another phone number how many numbers have you got know from complete stranger " Claire asked with a wide grin. "97 " I laughed "97 random numbers from random guys. We both laughed as ever since I turned 15 I've been hit on about a million times. "They cant resist you " Claire teased. We slurped on out frappuccinos happily "Have you told Ed yet? " Claire spoke in a serious tone." No " I muttered looking down at my drink "I cant bring myself to do it I mean I know he knows I'm going home soon He just doesn't know I'm leaving tomorrow." I continued tears threatening to fall . "You have to tell him tonight Jade." Claire spoke sadly handing me a tissue. I nodded as I cried into the tissue.