|| Preface ||

I have been an ardent follower of both the epics, Ramayana and Mahabharata. This book has been dedicated to the Hindu MAHAKAVYA RAMAYANA. Crediting the early years of my knowledge to my Mother's stories shall be apt.But the search to know more began in 2014, when for the first time I bought Ramayana- for passing my Diwali break in class seventh. I got hooked in. Instantly.
I could not fathom keeping the book aside for a minute without finishing it. The words - were pretty straight forward. I had purchased it for a mere 60 rupees, but I need to admit that it had a magnetic pull on me since my arrival in the book depot. I kept it aside on the 5th day, finishing a spree of 160 pages - smiling. When the Diwali puja started I could not keep my eyes off the Idol of RAM-SITA-LAXMAN, looking at me, smiling at me, as if I have achieved a feat of an enormous kind. The fact was I had. 

And then began a series of question spreading like wildfire in my mind.
Why was agreeing to Kaikeyi's wishes so important?
Why did Ram leave his family, just because one of his mother- had asked him to ?
Why could not Urmila come with Laxman?
How did Shatrughan and Bharat function after Ram left?
Why Sita had to go through the Agni-pareeksha?
Why was she later banished?
Why couldn't Ram scold that washerman, or in-fact the whole Ayodhya for tainting the Queen's image for no reason?

Over the years I understood each answer carefully. And then read a few books for the perspective of that women, who was quiet amid the crisis. Whose voice I could barely hear, but feel all the time. She cries, and smiles, is loving and generous- but the greatest of all is PATIENT. Ram and Sita never waiver from their duties. They seamlessly walk through the thorny path, always together in heart and mind.

Don't mistake this work to be a pseudo-feminist agenda to make Mata Sita rebellious - fit for modern times.Don't mistake it to be a Sita-centric book pushing on explainations. Because nothing in this world  can be Sita or Ram- Centric.

Jahan hai Siya, Wahin Raghurai
( where there is Sita, there is always Ram)

I seek power in her Patience. I seek power from Ram-Sita's separation. I seek power from the times where people think that Ram-Sita are vulnerable. They are not. They may be happy, sad, agonised or joyful , but never a victim!

What is this all about :

* My opinions on different walks of Mata Sita's life
* Maybe some fictitious stories in the middle - again from my mindset and understanding.

I invite all of you to participate in this exercise.
Message me your opinions on the Hindu Epic Ramayan, any chapter, mention it and write
at least a 150-200 word essay to me ( Message in my inbox ) and I shall put it up here.

If you want to be Reader all this while- don't forget to drop your precious reviews.

The updates in this book shall be uncertain.