19

As the weeks rolled by and spring came making Hogwarts look even more magically Hermione and Ginny's stomachs grew but I still had no luck. I sighed looking out the window as I watched the sun come up. I couldn't go to sleep so after Draco had gone to bed I quietly slipped out from his arms and came downstairs. I had almost finished the Sherlocke Homes series making me happy but I was still sad. As the sun came up fully I went back upstairs to get ready for the day. I quietly opened the door to not wake Draco but that failed. He was already up and rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

" Where were you?" He asked yawning as he stood up and made his way to the dressers. 

" Downstairs, I couldn't sleep last night and didn't want to bother you so I decided to just go and read," I said and he nodded handing me my robes as he left the room to take a shower. " Hey, I wanted to take one first!" I yelled rushing to the bathroom. He held the door open with a smirk as he told me to come in.

" You can join me if you'd like," He said making me roll my eyes but I came in anyway. He turned the shower on as I stripped off my clothing along with him. I stepped into the shower sighing as I felt the heat engulf me in its embrace. Draco came in shortly after running his hands over my back.

" Hae I ever said how sorry I was that this happened to you?" He asked running his fingers over the scar on my back making me shiver. I shook my head no as I turned around facing him. His hair was falling into his eyes, I brushed it away as I wrapped my arms around his neck and his eyes went to my forearm. He began kissing the scar there making me smile.

" I should've stopped it," He murmured remorsefully but I shook my head pulling him closer to me.

" You couldn't have done anything Draco," I said hoping to help him before a smile crossed my features. " Plus we kinda hated each other at the time." I placed a gentle kiss to his lips before grabbing the shampoo to wash my hair. 

" I don't think I actually ever hated you," He said as his fingers went to my hair. " I think I was just scared to admit that I actually liked you, to scared of what my father would say." He let out a sad sigh that sent a pang through my heart. I knew how much of a touchy subject his father was and I could get why. He was after all engaged to a muggle-born and his father drilled it into his head for so long that we were horrible.

" I think that's how it was for me except I was afraid of what Hermione would think," I siad rinsing out the soap in my hair as he began to put soap in his. " But look where we are in the end, here together forever," I said wrapping my arms around his hair again. He nodded smiling connecting our foreheads smirking.

" Together, alone, wet and in a shower," He said smirking making me roll my eyes. He grabbed my waist pulling me closer. "There are so many scenarios in my head that this could turn out and none of them are clean." He said kissing my neck but I pushed him away.

" Nope, we got classes babe," I said patting his chest before stepping out. He pouted but didn't make a move to stop me. I got changed into the clothes I would be wearing for today and walked out of the bathroom as I heard the shower turn off. I went to the vanity putting on make-up as Draco came in.

" You shouldn't wear that," He said walking over and placing a kiss on my head fixing his tie. He looked into my eyes through the mirror smiling. " You look gorgeous without it." I smiled rolling my eyes, which he and I have learned is my defence mechanism when I don't have a come-back.

" Come on lover boy let's get today over with and maybe we can make those sceneries come true," I said leaving with a wink. He smiled rushing after me. We walked down the halls talking about anything that came to mind as we went to our first class.

" If you could be any animal what would you be?" Draco asked but the image of him in fourth year made me start giggling as I stirred the potion leaving him confused. " What?" He asked checking to make sure the potion was correct but I shook my head waving my hand telling him it was fine.

" It's just I know what animal you would be," I said giggling. He looked over at me a worried look in his eyes pleading that I wasn't going to bring it up. " You'd be a ferret right? Or no since you've been one already." I burst out into giggles earning us weird side glances and a shush from Slughorn.

" I really hate you right now," He grumbled looking at the directions but I smiled brightly. I went to say something back but he held up his hand looking towards me with a glare. " Don't even say what you are thinking, I know we have to marry anyways and yes I do love you so just shut up okay?" I nodded smiling taking his hand and kissing his palm. He simply rolled his eyes but I saw the smile tugging at his lips.

" You know me so well darling," I cooed making him yet again roll his eyes. As the day progressed it seemed to go on like this, playful banter throughout the classes and making each other annoyed but ending up in laughing fits. As the day came to an end and dinner was finished Draco was practically dragging me towards our room making me laugh. We never even made it to the bed, luckily the next day was a saturday.