CHAPTER 6

CHAPTER 6

It was a brand new day in my new house and new room. I wasn't quite used to this new environment, I can't smell the pancakes or french toast Aunt Jessica used to cook every morning before I wake up.

I was still in bed for the past 30 minutes, the house was so empty and dull and for sure Chris already left for work so I have the house all to myself. I was already starving so I got off my bed unwillingly and head to the kitchen.

I wonder what Aunt Jessica's doing right now. I'll have to call her later, I miss her so much the fact that in my 17 years of existence this was like the first time I was really away with her, except that I've slept out like a lot of times before but this time? It's for real.

I was about to the check the fridge when I noticed a note posted on it;

Good morning Lexi!

buy anything you want, eat all you can.

Money's under the microwave btw.

Have a good day and see u tonight.

-Chris

Wow, he left me a note and of course he didn't forget the money. I didn't know why I felt butterflies in my stomach again, but he's kinda sweet for rememberin it. Oh by the way where is he even working? Is he always out like this and I'm left alone? I don't know why i feel a little disappointed but I just don't like being alone or was it that I hate not seeing him? God, no. What am I even thinking? I just practically met the guy last night and I'm here obsessing about him, it's lame.

I brushed the thought off and took a bath. I changed into a navy blue A&F tank top and shorts. I grabbed my bag and the money under the microwave and my keys that was given by Chris last night and left.

I was out the streets and came walking down and passed by the park and our neighbors ofcourse. It was 4 blocks away when I spotted a grocery mart called "Out&About Grocery."

I went inside and spotted three cashiers lined up. I scanned the place and saw Cereal Lane, I happily skipped to that place and grabbed my favorite cereals, I grabbed Frosted flakes, Trix and ofcourse Cap'n crunch. I just love cereals! I put them all in my basket and started walking again to look for milk but then my mind wandered to Chris, what does he like? Does he even eat?

He went home and slept last night without even eating or does he eat out? Maybe he does, maybe he's out on a date with his hot girlfriend. I felt disappointed again but wait, does he even have a girlfriend? Or like is he dating someone? I have so many questions about him, I just need to get to know him and tell me again why am I even stressing about it?

I passed by the milk and grabbed 1gallon of fresh milk and went straight in the pasta lane. I grabbed lasagna, carbonara and MacNcheese. I continued buying all stuff that all american boys can't resist like microwave pizza, pancakes, bacon and stuff for Chris, I just didn't know what to buy though cause I haven't live with a guy my whole life.

I went home scanning the streets, there's a coffee shop across the grocery and a boutique beside it. I even stopped by the park and sat down under the big oak tree. I sent a message to Aunt Jessica telling her I'll call her in an hour. After what felt like forever, I decided to go home and eat my breakfast since I was freaking starving.

I spent the whole day alone decorating my room and rearranging my clothes. I talked to Aunt Jess four times in three hours since after I called her, she called back again and again and again. She was worried sick cause I was alone and I can't blame her cause my stupid big mouth blabbered about how bored I was and lonely but thank god Ryan invited her out for a lunch and she finally stopped calling.

It was quarter to 6 when I felt my eyes getting heavy from watching Horrible Bosses. I heard someone saying something but I was too tired to check it out but I think it was just from the movie, who else would it be? I made sure I locked the door and Chris will be home at around 10. I drifted into my dream and believe it or not, it was about Chris.