CHAPTER 7

CHAPTER 7

Chris' POV.

As I stepped inside the house I heard the TV was on so I guess Lexi's home.

"Lexi?" I called but there was no answer.

I came home early cause I felt bad for leaving her alone on her first day in my house. I was planning on inviting her out on a dinner to welcome her. I was also planning to take Jacob with us since she's kinda at ease with Jacob around. Who won't? Jacob has this spell with girls that I don't understand. He's practically a manwhore.

I went straight to our living room from where the TV was on. I saw Lexi sleeping peacefuly on the couch. I sat down on the floor and looked at her. She's really beautiful, I don't understand that whenever I look at her it felt like I can look at her face forever.

I practically had a heart attack yesterday, not because I was surprised with her sudden outburst but because i think I just saw an angel, her hair was dripping wet and she was only covered with her towel but she still looks perfect to me. If only she's a little bit older.

I touched her cheeks gently, hoping I wouldn't wake her up as she stirred slightly.

"Chris, hmm" she smiled, still sleeping.

Wait! Did she just call my name in her sleep? Is she dreaming of me? My heart literally stopped. My heart was flipping crazy for the possiblity that she was actually dreaming of me.

"Chris?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and saw her looking at me curiously. I immediately retracted from her and avoided her eyes.

"You're home early."

"Yeah, I wanted to invite you and Jacob out. Like your welcoming dinner, if its okay with you." I asked hesitantly.

"What? Chris, you don't have to. besides I bought grocery this morning."

"I insist Lex." I said firmly. She hesitated but she agreed.

"If you insist." she said smiling, "Could you give me a minute to change?"

"Yeah sure, I'll call Jacob."

"Okay." she smiled and turned to her room.

I dialled Jacob's number and asked him to meet us at our favorite spot around downtown. I went to my room to change some casual attire since I was in my business attire for my work. As I went out, I saw Lexi getting out of her room too. She faced me with wide eyes, mouth hanging open. What now? Did I forget something? Pants? I'm wearing one but why does she looked surprised?

"Lexi? Are you okay?" I asked sounding concerned. No respond. "Lex?"

"Uh uhm, yeah? Nothing. Ah ready?" she snapped out her stance and blushed.

Was she checking me out? She wasn't bad herself. She was wearing a black leggings and a floral dress that stops just right above her knees with a black cardigan. I must confess, she's really hot. Damn! I sound like a pervert. She's only 17 for goodness sake!

"Chris? I said let's go?" she looked at me curiously.

"Yeah. Let's go."

The restaurant was a 15 minute drive from my apartment. I was trying to get to know her, I know that she's going to college in UC with her friends and she'll be taking up major in Psychology and is having a hard time deciding whether to proceed in Med school after her four year course.

She was funny too, telling me about getting food for me was her challenge today so she got all american guys couldn't resist. She was really cute while she laughs. I pulled over the parking lot and scanned for Jacob's car but it still wasn't there. I was about to open the passenger's seat but Lexi already came out. I wanted to open the door for her. I frowned.